What you can do to prepare for a storm:
Tips to help you and your family prepare for a storm or cyclone:
• Store or weigh down loose objects around your home or work like outdoor furniture that could be picked up and thrown by strong winds, causing damage or injury.
• Trim branches around your home to prevent them falling on your roof or car.
• Clear gutters and downpipes so they do not over flow after heavy rain.
• Prepare an emergency kit with a battery operated radio, torch, spare batteries and first aid kit.
• Plan what you will do with pets and livestock.
• Do not go boating, fishing, swimming or surfing in affected areas.
• Boat owners need to ensure boats in pens and on moorings are secure and items above deck removed or secured. What to expect:
• Coastal erosion and flooding of low lying coastal areas.
• Severe to Catastrophic fire danger.
• Damaging winds with gusts up to 120 kilometres per hour that could result in damage to properties and fences.
• Very rough seas and dangerous surf conditions.
• Heavy rainfall south of the cyclone with possible localised flooding.
• If your home or property has been badly damaged call the SES on 132 500
• In a life threatening situation call 000
• For the latest weather information visit www.bom.gov.au
or call 1300 659 213
For more information view this preparation guide from FESA
.What you're covered for:
Typical damage from storms or cyclones can include flooding and damage to roofs and fencing.
For details on policy terms, conditions and exclusions relating to cover provided under RAC Building and Contents Product Disclosure Statement and Policy Wording see the extracts below.
Full Product Disclosure Statements are here:RAC Building, Contents and Personal Valuables Insurance Product Disclosure StatementComprehensive Motor Insurance Product Disclosure StatementNeed to make a claim:
If your claim is urgent please call 13 17 03
. For all other claims please lodge online