While we advocate for more environmentally sustainable travel options in WA, we’ve also been working to improve the environmental standards at our main RAC office in West Perth.
Our green office ratings
Our West Perth office currently holds a 5 star National Australian Built Environment Rating System (NABERS) base-building rating. This exceeds the original rating the building was designed to achieve. The whole building also achieved a 4.5-star NABERS rating.
Our green awards
As a CitySwitch Green Office signatory, we’ve won multiple awards:
- 2015, 2013 & 2012 WA Signatory of the Year in the over 2000 square metres category.
- 2014 WA Partnership of the Year for our work with HFM Asset Management.
- 2013 & 2012 National Signatory of the Year for office energy efficiency by a tenant.
How we made our office green
There were a number of activities we undertook at our West Perth office to make it an award winner.
- We assessed our resource consumption and then prioritised energy-saving initiatives to reduce emissions and make savings.
- We installed an online sustainability monitoring platform to show staff, members and visitors how our actions impact electricity usage, in real time.
- We educated staff about energy usage so they could be engaged and make informed decisions that help us to reduce emissions.