RAC Motoring Pty Ltd (‘us’ or ‘we’) as the Debit User will initiate direct debit payment in accordance with your instructions and these terms and conditions apply whether you have given instructions to us in writing, by email, over the phone or in person.
GPO Box C140, Perth WA 6839 or calling us on 13 17 03.
- The details of your direct debit arrangements including a schedule of when payments will be drawn and provided to you in writing.
- We will give you not less than 14 days written notice if we propose to vary the details of your direct debit arrangements.
- We charge a 6% administration fee for quarterly payments made by direct debit. Please note your financial institution may also charge for services relating to your direct debit arrangements.
- If you wish to cancel your direct debit arrangements with us you must arrange a suitable alternative payment method and pay the balance of any outstanding Roadside Assistance fees before we will cancel your direct debit arrangements.
- We reserve the right to cancel this direct debit arrangement should one or more of your debit payments be returned or dishonoured. You shall be responsible for any fees associated with dishonoured payments.
- If your debit payment is returned or dishonoured by your financial institution, we reserve the right to redraw after 10 business days.
- A debit payment that is cancelled prior to RAC membership becoming due for renewal, that has one or more quarterly instalments either unpaid or scheduled, will require immediate payment in full to renew RAC membership.
- Cancelling RAC membership that is not in renewal and has a quarterly debit payment will require payment in full for any unpaid debit payments.
- A credit that is applied to an RAC membership balance at any time during a Membership Year will not affect amounts still payable on a quarterly direct debit. Once an RAC membership is due for renewal, the credit will be deducted from the forthcoming year’s subscription fees and your debit payment schedule will be amended accordingly.
- If a debit payment is returned or dishonoured and you require Roadside Assistance, you may be required to pay the missed payment before service is rendered.
- If a debit payment falls due on any day which is not a business day, the payment may be taken on the last business day prior to the due day or will be made on the next business day. If you are unsure when the debit will be processed to your account you should ask your financial institution.
- Any queries concerning disputed debit payments must be directed to us in the first instance by contacting us on 13 17 03 or at any RAC Member Service Centre. If we cannot resolve a query or dispute between us, you may refer your query or dispute to our bank Westpac who may ask you to provide information in connection with your query or dispute.
- Direct debiting is not available on the full range of accounts at all financial institutions. If in doubt, you should check with your financial institution before requesting direct debit from us.
- You are advised to check your account details against a recent statement before completing a direct debit request.
- It is your responsibility to have sufficient cleared funds available in the account to be debited to enable debit payments to be made.
- Except to the extent that disclosure is necessary in order to process debit payments, investigate and resolve disputed transactions or is otherwise required by law, we will keep details of your account and debit payments confidential.