More information

The Australian Automobile Association website has further explanations and definitions of the CPD process. Other details available on the RAC website include:

Carnet examples
AAA handbook
Current international fuel prices

CPD application

The Carnet application form [LINK] highlights the required documentation required to apply for a CPD.

For further clarification, please email a motoring advice officer at

CPD extension

If an extension is required, the Carnet extension form [LINK] must be completed by all international and local CPD holders.

For Australian CPD holders, a further indemnity premium and further AUD$100 processing fee will be required.

For international tourers, non-objection will be required from your home motoring club. This may require a further expense if you paid a vehicle insurance indemnity premium when obtaining your CPD.

More FAQs about: