Which travel insurance policy do I select if I am going on a cruise?

If you are going on a cruise which is only in Australian waters or calling into ports in Australia you will still require a travel insurance policy which includes medical cover whilst you are on board the ship (check with your cruise provider) as the medical providers are not registered with Medicare. You will therefore need to select Australian Cruise as your destination. This will then allow us to give you medical and evacuation cover whilst at sea but not if you go to a medical provider whilst in port in Australia. Please note the Domestic travel insurance policy does not include any medical cover as we are a general insurer and cannot cover medical costs in Australia. Therefore the Domestic travel insurance policy is not suitable for cruises.

More FAQs about: