- Includes flight from Perth
- On-board inclusions
- Members save $200* per person
Fully escorted coach tour of New Zealand combined with a 16 night cruise on the Celebrity Solstice finishing in Fremantle.
We have teamed up with Grand Pacific Tours to bring you the very best of New Zealand with a special departure date from Perth and some great bonus inclusions. Read on for more details, and find out how you could be joining this guided holiday of incredible NZ!
- TranzAlpine Rail Journey
- Milford Sound Cruise & Lunch
- Haggis Ceremony & Gift
- Larnach Castle*
- Sky Tower
- Zealong Tea Estate*
- Hobbiton Movie Set Tour
- Skyline Gondola & Luge Ride
- Thermal mud pools & geysers*
- Tamaki Maori Experience
- City sights tour of Dunedin, Christchurch & Auckland
- Flight from Perth to Christchurch
- Internal flight from Christchurch to Auckland
- Professional Coach Captain
- Modern coach travel with 2 door access, restroom, reclining seats and panoramic windows
- 10 nights 4 star hotel accommodation
- Most meals included
- Airport to hotel transfer in Christchurch, Day 1
- BONUS US$350 onboard credit per couple
- Classic beverage package OR unlimited internet^
- Deluxe Balcony Cabin
- Group meet & greet + welcome dinner
- World-class dining in a range of unique venues (Breakfast, lunch & dinner daily)
- Awesome entertainment
- Inspiring activities such as cooking classes and wine tasting
- Gratuities on board
- Auckland, City of Sails
- Tauranga, Bay of Plenty
- Napier, Art Deco Capital
- Wellington, Coolest Little Capital
- Picton, Marlborough Sounds Gateway
- Sydney / Hobart / Adelaide, free time to exploreBonus Inclusions
- Book with RAC Travel and save $200^ per person
- 400 page New Zealand Eyewitness Travel Guide
Depart Perth – 6th February 2018
This evening board your overnight flight from Perth to Christchurch via Auckland.
Day 1: Arrive Christchurch (D)
On arrival into Christchurch you will be met by a Grand Pacific Tours representative and transferred to your hotel.
Hotel Sudima Christchurch Airport Hotel
Day 2: Christchurch - Arthurs Pass - Franz Josef (B,D)
This morning board the TranzAlpine, renowned as one of the great train journeys of the world. Travel over massive viaducts, river valleys and spectacular gorges as you ascend to Arthur’s Pass located in the centre of the Southern Alps. Board your coach and travel to Hokitika, famous for its Greenstone before continuing to Franz Josef where time is available to experience a scenic flight (optional, weather permitting) over the spectacular glaciers.
Hotel Scenic Hotel Franz Josef Glacier (Douglas Wing)
Day 3: Franz Josef - Queenstown (BD)
See the snow-capped peaks of the Southern Alps as you travel south along the West Coast to Fox Glacier. Continue via the Haast Pass, an area of stunning beauty before arriving into picturesque Queenstown, a year round resort situated on the shores of magical Lake Wakatipu.
Hotel Millennium Hotel Queenstown (2 nights)
Day 4: Queenstown (Free Day) (B)
Today is a free day. There are plenty of sightseeing options and your Tour Guide and Coach Captain are available to assist. You may wish to enjoy the thrill of a jet boat ride, a heritage tour of the scenic Skippers Canyon or to get up close to a Kiwi bird. This evening is also free and you may choose to dine high above Queenstown at the Skyline Restaurant or board the vintage steamship TSS Earnslaw and cruise across Lake Wakatipu for dinner at Walter Peak Station (optional).
Day 5: Queenstown - Milford Sound - Te Anau (B,L,D)
This morning travel to Te Anau, the gateway to Fiordland. Continue to Milford Sound where you board your launch for a cruise on this magnificent fiord. See the spectacular Bowen Falls and towering Mitre Peak. This afternoon return to Te Anau for overnight.
Hotel Distinction Luxmore Hotel (Deluxe Rooms.)
Day 6: Te Anau - Dunedin (B,SD)
Travel via Gore and Balclutha to Dunedin known as the “Edinburgh of the South” and enjoy an informative city tour followed by some free time to explore at leisure. Tonight a Scottish evening will be presented comprising of bagpipes, great food, special Haggis Ceremony and gift.
Hotel Scenic Hotel Southern Cross
Day 7: Dunedin - Christchurch (B,D)
Travel along the Otago Peninsula to Larnach Castle for a guided tour followed by delicious Devonshire Tea. Continue to Oamaru, famous for its limestone.
Hotel Quality Elms Hotel
Day 8: Christchurch - Auckland (B,D)
Enjoy a city sights tour of Christchurch before travelling to the Airport where you will board a local flight to the City of Sails Auckland, located in the North Island. Meet your North Island Coach Captain & enjoy an informative city tour which includes the Auckland Domain, Parnell Rose Garden, Bastion Point and the America’s Cup Village. This afternoon includes a visit to the Sky Tower at your leisure, one of New Zealand’s most spectacular attractions.
Hotel Skycity Hotel
Day 9: Auckland - Rotorua (B,L,D)
Depart Auckland and travel to the Zealong Tea Estate, New Zealand’s only tea plantation for a tour & tasting. Next visit Hobbiton for lunch followed by an experience of the real Middle-earth with a visit to the Hobbiton Movie Set. A guide will escort you through the ten acre site recounting fascinating details of how the set was created. Continue to the geothermal wonderland of Rotorua.
Hotel Millennium Rotorua (2 nights)
Day 10: Rotorua (B,SD)
Today begins with a Gondola ride to the Stratosfare Restaurant where a buffet breakfast and spectacular views are on offer. There is also time for a luge ride! Next stop is the Agrodome for an action packed hour of farming entertainment and education that’s unlike anything you’ve seen before. Travel to Te Puia for a tour of the boiling mud pools and awesome Geysers that Rotorua is famous for. Enjoy some free time this afternoon before travelling to a Maori Village for an interactive and educational experience which culminates with a cultural performance and traditional hangi feast.
Day 11: Rotorua - Auckland (B,D)
Travel to Auckland where you will board the Celebrity Solstice to commence your 16 night cruise around New Zealand and back to Australia.
Overnight Celebrity Solstice
Port Times Depart 20:00
Day 12: Tauranga (B,L,D)
Known as the Bay of Plenty, Tauranga is located at the entrance to one of the largest natural harbours in New Zealand.
Port Times Arrive 11:00 Depart 22:00
Day 13: Cruising (B,L,D)
Relax and enjoy the comforts of this stunning superliner. While at sea enjoy the on board facilities, world-class cuisine and the entertainment not to mention your deluxe balcony cabin.
Day 14: Napier (B,L,D)
The beautifully preserved 1930s Art Deco architecture is Napier’s special point of difference. The best way to enjoy the streetscape is on a self-guided walk.
Port Times Arrive 08:00 Depart 17:00
Day 15: Wellington (B,L,D)
Locals are particularly proud of the National Museum of New Zealand - Te Papa Tongarewa. Loosely translated as “our place” from the native Maori tongue, the museum is one of the world’s largest and most progressive (optional).
Port Times Arrive 08:00 Depart 18:00
Day 16: Picton (B,L,D)
Cruise through the many inlets and bays that make up the Marlborough Sounds to Picton, the gateway to the South Island. This small seaport is only a short distance from the Marlborough wine region, famous for its Sauvignon Blanc.
Port Times Arrive 08:00 Depart 17:00
Days 17-18: Cruising (B,L,D)
Cruise across the Tasman Sea as you make your way back to more familiar surrounds.
Day 19: Sydney (B,L,D)
Considered to be one of the most cosmopolitan cities in the Southern Hemisphere, Sydney offers just about anything - from beaches and wineries to stunning landmarks are world-class shopping.
Port Times Arrive 07:00 Depart 21:00
Day 20: Cruising (B,L,D)
Cruise across Bass Strait and enjoy a day at sea to further explore this luxurious ship. You may like to schedule a stone massage or join a class in the fitness centre with floor-to-ceiling views of the sea.
Day 21: Hobart (B,L,D)
Docking in Hobart gives you immediate access to Mount Wellington and its incredibly beautiful surroundings. From there you can look out over the busy harbour, which plays host to yachts from all over the world.
Port Times Arrive 08:00 Depart 16:00
Day 22: Cruising (B,L,D)
The Celebrity Solstice offers an unparalleled wealth of dining, from The Main Restaurant to the casual dining at the Ocean View Café or the specialty dining experiences where each restaurant offers a unique culinary journey.
Day 23: Adelaide (B,L,D)
Voted Australia’s most liveable city, Adelaide is easy to get around. The city rises from the middle of a tree-covered plain, between rolling hills to the east and beaches to the west.
Port Times Arrive 09:00 Depart 18:00
Day 24 - 26: Cruising (B,L,D)
From morning until night, there are hundreds of different activities happening onboard your cruise
ship, your Tour Guide is on hand to assist you.
Day 27: Fremantle (B)
Arrive in Fremantle, a port city with a fascinating marine history. Time to say goodbye after a memorable New Zealand holiday.
Port Times Arrive 06:30
- *Prices and taxes are subject to change, exact amounts will be confirmed by your RAC Travel Consultant at time of final payment
- Price based on Balcony Stateroom
- On board credit is per cabin and is not redeemable for cash and is subject to be withdrawn at any time
- ^Saving is per couple and has been deducted from the advertised price. Onboard credit is per couple, if a solo cabin is booked traveller will receive $USD200 onboard credit. Travellers can choose between the Classic beverage package OR ulimited internet on the Celebrity Soltice, travellers in the same stateroom must select the same option.
- Itinerary is subject to change without notification
- Eyewitness Travel Guide per household
- Grand Pacific Tours reserves the right to cancel or to vary the content of its tours should the need arise
- Prices include local taxes which are paid locally
- Internet access is available on the Celebrity Solstice for a fee if not chosen as bonus extra deal
- Onboard gratuities cover restuarant and stateroom services only
- Grand Pacific Tours, Celebrity Cruises and Air New Zealand conditions apply
- Credit card fees of up to 2.5% may apply
Terms and conditions apply: see RAC Travel general terms and conditions