NZ Ultimate Discovery
with Grand Pacific Tours
- Explore NZ in VIP style on the deluxe Ultimate Coach
- Departs Perth 16 April 2020
- Over $300 bonus Member value!
Spend 19 nights travelling around NZ in 'Ultimate' style, luxury and comfort
The Ultimate Coach
Be dazzled by the purpose-built Ultimate Coach featuring 20 luxury leather seats, panoramic viewing and a level of comfort unparalleled by any other vehicle. The design is state of the art and complete with extensive on board features including the latest finishes and technology.
• 20 luxury leather fully reclining seats with adjustable headrest and calf support for added comfort.
• Panoramic viewing, air-conditioning and seat belts.
• Wood grain timber tray table with built in cup holder.
• Seat side personal storage area providing easy access to your travel bag.
• Personal audio control unit with multiple music channels and a complimentary set of headphones.
• Individual USB point for charging your camera, mobile phone and iPod/iPad.
• Stylish centre galley area equipped with refrigerated drinking fountain and fridge units.
• Complimentary daily on board Wi-Fi allowance.
• Onboard restroom.
Ultimate Tour Extras
Ultimate Small Group itineraries are specifically tailored to provide the highest level of comfort, service and quality without compromise. Travel in style and enjoy a number of unique extras:
• A deluxe Travel Set including travel bag and ticket wallet
• Complimentary pre dinner drink at the welcome dinner
• Boxed mints and souvenir water bottle
• Complimentary daily on board Wi-Fi allowance
• Access to daily newspaper and a range of glossy magazines
• An intimate farewell dinner including selected beverages
• A BONUS Group Photo
Pre Paid Attractions
- Kauri Museum*
- Waitangi Treaty Grounds*
- Dolphin / Hole in the Rock Cruise
- Sky Tower
- Hobbiton Movie Set Tour & Lunch
- Skyline Rotorua Gondola & Luge Ride
- Thermal mud pools & geysers*
- Te Puia traditional Maori Hangi & Concert
- Hawke’s Bay Express Napier
- Te Papa, NZ’s National Museum
- Cruise on the Interislander Ferry
- Marlborough Wine Tasting
- TranzAlpine Rail Journey
- Cruise Lake Wakatipu on the TSS Earnslaw
- Lakes District Museum
- Milford Sound Nature Cruise & Lunch
- Larnach Castle*
- City sights tour of Auckland, Napier, Wellington, Christchurch & Dunedin.
Ultimate Small Group Touring
- Return airfares from Perth
- Personalised meet & greet on arrival
- Return airport transfers in New Zealand
- Ultimate Small Group Tour Coach with 20 luxury leather reclining seats on a full size vehicle, 2 door access and panoramic windows
- Professional Coach Captain
- 19 nights 4.5 star hotel accommodation
- 4 two night stays
- Hotel porterage
- 4 cruises
- All sightseeing and pre paid attractions
- GST (New Zealand Goods and Services Tax)
- Comprehensive documentation pack
- Bonus Group photo
- 18 cooked breakfasts including a specialty breakfast: Stratosfare Restaurant, Rotorua
- 15 sumptuous dinners including 3 specialty dinners: Maori Hangi & Concert, Rotorua; Walter Peak Homestead, Queenstown; Farewell Dinner, selected beverages, Christchurch
- 2 lunches including a Shire's buffet lunch at Hobbiton
- 1 Ultimate High Tea at Larnach Castle
Note: Dinner on Day 1 not included for anyone arriving later than 8pm
Departs Perth: 16 April 2020
Arrives Perth: 5 May 2020
20 Day tour of New Zealand, including return flights from Perth with Air New Zealand^.
Price: $9,599* per person, twin share
Single supplement: $2.795* per person
^Up to date flight information will be released closer to the date of travel from your RAC Travel Consultant
DAY 1: Arrive Auckland (D)
On arrival into Auckland you will be met by a Grand Pacific Tours representative who will transfer you to your hotel. Th remainder of the day is at your leisure. Meet your travelling companions over a complimentary pre dinner drink.
Hotel Crowne Plaza Auckland
DAY 2: Auckland - Bay of Islands (B,D)
Board the luxurious Ultimate Coach, depart Auckland and travel to the Parry Kauri Park to see a magnificent example of a Kauri Tree. Enjoy a visit and informative talk at the Kauri Museum in Matakohe, then travel via Whangarei to Paihia, situated in the heart of the beautiful Bay of Islands. Enjoy a guided tour of the Waitangi Treaty Grounds, the location of the signing of the treaty between the Maori tribes and the British.
Hotel Scenic Hotel Bay of Islands (Deluxe Room. 2 nights)
DAY 3: Bay of Islands (Free Day) (B)
Today is a free day. Choose from the many optional activities available, including the Cape Reinga coach trip via Ninety Mile Beach or a spectacular scenic flight. This evening is also free and you may like to enjoy a relaxing dinner cruise (optional).
DAY 4: Bay of Islands - Auckland (B,D)
This morning travel aboard a luxury catamaran to Cape Brett and the famous Hole in the Rock. Keep an eye out for bottlenose and common dolphins before returning to Paihia. Travel south via Whangarei to Auckland.
Hotel Crowne Plaza Auckland
DAY 5: Auckland - Rotorua (B,L,D)
This morning enjoy a city sights tour including a visit to Sky Tower, one of New Zealand’s most spectacular attractions. Continue through the picturesque countryside to Hobbiton for a buffet lunch. This is followed by a guided tour of the Movie Set from The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit trilogies. Your guide will recount details of how this beautiful piece of farmland was transformed into The Shire from Middle Earth.
Hotel Regent of Rotorua (2 nights)
DAY 6: Rotorua (B,SD)
Today begins with a gondola ride at the Skyline Rotorua for breakfast, with spectacular views and time for a thrilling luge ride! Next stop is the Agrodome for an action packed hour of farming entertainment and education that’s unlike anything you’ve seen before. Enjoy some free time this afternoon before travelling to Te Puia to see the boiling mud pools and awesome geysers that Rotorua is famous for. This evening experience an entertaining Maori Hangi and Concert.
DAY 7: Rotorua - Napier (B,D)
Depart Rotorua and travel along the Thermal Explorer Highway to Huka Falls and Lake Taupo. Continue to Napier known as ‘The Art Deco Capital’, where a city tour will showcase the most comprehensive collection of art deco buildings in the world. Board the Hawke’s Bay Express and hear informative commentary on the city’s fascinating history. Enjoy some free time this afternoon to explore the city or you might choose to do a guided walk (optional).
Hotel Scenic Hotel Te Pania
DAY 8: Napier - Wellington (B,D)
Travel south this morning into Wellington for a city tour of the nation’s capital which will highlight the history and culture on show here.
Hotel InterContinental Wellington (Deluxe Room)
DAY 9: Wellington - Picton - Blenheim (B,D)
A highlight this morning will be time to explore Te Papa, New Zealand’s National Museum with exhibits that embrace both Maori and European views. This afternoon board the Interislander Ferry and enjoy the scenery as you travel through the Marlborough Sounds to Picton where you board your Ultimate Coach for the short journey to Blenheim. This evening sample some of the local wines from the Marlborough region.
Hotel Marlborough Vintners Hotel
DAY 10: Blenheim - Kaikoura - Christchurch (B)
Tour through Marlborough Country, famous for its food and wine, then travel to the seaside village of Kaikoura. Continue onto the garden city of Christchurch.
Hotel The George
DAY 11: Christchurch - Arthur’s Pass - Fox Glacier (B,D)
This morning board the TranzAlpine, renowned as one of the great train journeys of the world. Travel over massive viaducts, river valleys and spectacular gorges as you ascend to Arthur’s Pass located in the centre of the Southern Alps. Board your Ultimate coach and travel to Hokitika, famous for its Greenstone before continuing via Franz Josef to the township of Fox Glacier where time is available to experience a scenic flight (optional, weather permitting) over the spectacular glaciers.
Hotel Distinction Fox Glacier
DAY 12: Fox Glacier - Queenstown (B)
See the snow capped peaks of the Southern Alps as you travel south along the West Coast. Continue via the Haast Pass, an area of stunning beauty before arriving into picturesque Queenstown, a year round resort situated on the shores of magical Lake Wakatipu. This evening is free and you may choose to dine out at one of the many fine restaurants.
Hotel Heritage Queenstown (2 nights)
DAY 13: Queenstown (Free Day) (B,SD)
Today is a free day and there are plenty of sightseeing options available. You may wish to enjoy the thrill of a jet boat ride, a heritage tour of the scenic Skippers Canyon or get up close to a Kiwi bird. This evening board the vintage steamship TSS Earnslaw and cruise across Lake Wakatipu to Walter Peak Station. Sit back, relax and enjoy a gourmet barbecue dinner which the chef will prepare in front of you at the Colonel’s Homestead. After dinner enjoy a short farm tour then reboard the TSS Earnslaw for a sing along by the piano as you cruise back to Queenstown.
DAY 14: Queenstown - Te Anau (B,D)
Enjoy a leisurely start this morning before travelling to Arrowtown, an old gold mining village where you visit the Lakes District Museum. Continue to Te Anau, the gateway to Fiordland. Today you may like to visit the Te Anau Glow Worm Caves (optional).
Hotel Distinction Te Anau Hotel & Villas (2 nights)
DAY 15: Te Anau - Milford Sound - Te Anau (B,L,D)
Depart Te Anau for a fascinating drive to Milford Sound where you board your launch for a nature cruise on this magnificent fiord. See the spectacular Bowen Falls and towering Mitre Peak as you enjoy a picnic lunch onboard. This afternoon return to Te Anau where some free time is available. You might like to cap off your Fiordland experience by watching the breathtaking film, Ata Whenua - Shadowland, which screens at the Fiordland Cinema (optional).
DAY 16: Te Anau - Dunedin (B,D)
Travel via Gore and Balclutha to Dunedin known as the “Edinburgh of the South”. Enjoy an informative city tour followed by some free time at leisure.
Hotel Distinction Dunedin
DAY 17: Dunedin - Mt Cook (B,D)
Travel along the Otago Peninsula to Larnach Castle, hear the tragic and scandalous stories on a guided tour with time to wander around this Garden of International Significance followed by an Ultimate High Tea served in the Grand Ballroom. Farewell Dunedin and travel to Oamaru famous for its limestone. Follow the Waitaki River and see Lake Benmore as you travel to Mt Cook.
Hotel The Hermitage Hotel
DAY 18: Mt Cook - Christchurch (B,SD)
This morning marvel at Mt Cook, New Zealand’s highest peak. The opportunity is available to enjoy a scenic flight (optional, weather permitting) over the Southern Alps. Continue to Lake Tekapo and view the brilliant turquoise water, visit the Church of the Good Shepherd and see the Sheep Dog Statue before arriving into Christchurch. This evening enjoy a farewell dinner including selected beverages with your new found friends.
Hotel The George
DAY 19: Depart Christchurch (B)
Time to say goodbye. You will be transferred to the airport for your flight home after a memorable New Zealand holiday.
- Advertised price is inclusive of member bonus value
- Price and inclusions available on this departure only
- Member bonus and price available to current RAC Members
- Subject to availability at time of booking
- Itinerary is subject to change
- Flight times, prices and taxes are subject to change
- Grand Pacific Tour T&Cs will apply
- Advertised price is based on twin share per person pricing
- Credit card surcharge of 2.5% may apply
*Terms and conditions apply: see RAC Travel general terms and conditions