Boston, Cape Cod & the Islands
with Insight Vacations
- Include flights from $599*
- Visit the Heritage Museums in Sandwich
- Visit Martha's Vineyard
You're constantly reminded of the sea in this fish-hook shaped corner of New England. From "Ocean State" Rhode Island, steeped in sailing history, to the chic waterfront resorts of Martha's Vineyard and summer playgrounds of the Cape.
Tour historic Boston and gain an insight into 'Beantown'
Visit the 'Sailing Capital of the World' Newport
Stay in top quality hotels
Visit the tip of Cape Cod - Provincetown
- Nantucket: Take an excursion to this idyllic island, characterised by cobblestone streets and lighthouses.
- New Bedford: With a Local Expert, journey back to the great age of Moby Dick and castaway crews from around the globe, at the engaging New Bedford Whaling Museum
- Boston: See Boston’s red-brick Freedom Trail come to life as your Tour Director leads you through this historic walking tour.
- Boston: View the neighbourhoods of Back Bay and North End.
- Newport: Step aboard an 80-foot schooner for a scenic cruise around the Newport coastline.
- Sandwich: There’s something for everyone at the Heritage Museums and Gardens – a fascinating complex of Americana museums, located within a 100-acre garden setting.
- Martha's Vineyard: Visit Oak Bluffs with its ‘gingerbread cottages’ and tour the island.
- Cape Cod: Tour the Cape Cod National Seashore. Taste the goodness of Massachusetts’ number one agricultural commodity crop at a cranberry bog.
- North Falmouth: Join your Tour Director and celebrate the culmination of your tour with wine and classic New England cuisine.
- Included Quality Dining: 7 Full Breakfasts, 4 Dinners with wine.
- Our highly-skilled Insight Tour Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend in a foreign land.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat touring coach, with extended Business Class legroom and on-board restroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included; you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. Plus, we include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Tour Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish - a local tidbit representing authentic food or beverages unique to the destination.
- Complimentary transfers from and to Boston Logan International Airport are available only on arrival and departure days. Should your flights not coincide with these transfers, or additional accommodation has been booked through Insight Vacations, charged transfers are available. Alternatively, please make your own way from/to the airport.
Welcome to Boston. Upon arrival at Boston Logan International Airport, transfer to your downtown hotel. At 18:00, gather with your Tour Director for a Welcome Dinner with wine and an opportunity to mingle, during a pleasant evening.
(Dinner with Wine)
Day 2: Historic Boston.
(Relaxed Start) Your Tour Director will provide you with a fascinating insight into 'Beantown' during a historical sightseeing tour. At several stops along Boston's famed Freedom Trail, hear about the struggle and courage of the American colonists during revolutionary times. View the colourful neighbourhoods of Back Bay and historic North End. The afternoon is free to pursue your own interests.
Day 3: Newport, the queen of summer resorts.
South of Boston is Rhode Island, America's smallest state packed with big league attractions. Its star player is the elegant town of Newport, lined with the Gilded Age mansions of America's wealthiest families. Visit The Breakers, the grandest of Newport's summer ‘cottages’ and a symbol of the Vanderbilt family's social and financial preeminence during the late 19th century. Newport was home to the America's Cup for more than 50 years and is widely known as the Sailing Capital of the World. Embark on a nautical discovery on-board an 80-foot (24 metre) schooner for a scenic cruise around the coastline. In the evening, dinner is served at a local restaurant.
(Full Breakfast, Dinner with Wine)
Day 4: On to Sandwich.
In the morning, travel back in time to visit the stunning New Bedford Whaling Museum, where a Local Expert will enlighten you on the extensive impact whaling had on the region. See the largest model ship in the world, a beautiful scrimshaw collection, and the many exhibits, including the material that inspired Herman Melville to pen his classic work, ‘Moby Dick.’ Travel on to the town of Sandwich, the oldest town on Cape Cod. Continue to the Heritage Museums and Gardens, where in one beautiful location, you'll find sweeping lawns, stunning gardens, a windmill, art gallery, museum of Americana, and an amazing collection of antique cars. Visit the Sandwich Glass Museum to experience the techniques of the English and Irish glassmakers that founder Deming Jarvis developed during the early 19th century.
Day 5: Martha’s Vineyard, a presidential paradise.
Board your morning ferry to Martha's Vineyard, home to pristine sandy beaches, and diverse outdoor attractions. No stranger to presidential visits, the island has hosted Bill Clinton and the Obamas, while the former U.S. First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis maintained a home here. After disembarking, make your way to Oak Bluffs, known for its rainbow-coloured, gingerbread-like cottages with storybook decorations, high-peaked roofs, and dainty verandahs. Get acquainted with the island on a tour, before reaching your hotel which overlooks Edgartown's beautiful harbour, lighthouse and Chappaquiddick Island.
(Full Breakfast, Dinner with Wine)
Day 6: Cape Cod National Seashore, Provincetown and North Falmouth.
Take the ferry back to Woods Hole before an excursion to the Cape Cod National Seashore, a National Park that encompasses much of the Outer Cape. Travel to the extreme tip of Cape Cod, to Provincetown – a small coastal resort known for its beaches, cool boutiques, restaurants and art galleries, giving this town a fun and funky vibe. Then, it's on to the cottage-lined streets of North Falmouth and your beachside hotel. Step outside to feel the sun on your face and the sand between your toes.
Day 7: Nantucket Island.
Depart Hyannis in style on a high-speed catamaran for the quaint island of Nantucket. Not only has it retained the charm of a bygone era, it is one of the most exclusive coastal communities in the US. During your visit, take in the beauty of the quaint cobblestone streets, simple Quaker-style homes and handsome houses dating back to the whaling days. Return to the mainland in the late afternoon to relax at your beachfront hotel, before meeting in the evening for a Celebration Dinner with wine.
(Full Breakfast, Dinner with Wine)
Day 8: Berries, bogs and back to Boston.
(Relaxed Start) As one of the few fruits native to North America, it is said that the cranberry is more American than apple pie. Meet a local cranberry bog farmer. With generations of knowledge behind him, he will share with you the lifecycle and cultural impact of this truly American berry. Return to Boston, where there are complimentary transfers to Boston Logan International Airport, or the Boston tour hotel for guests wishing to extend their stay. Airport arrival will be at 14:00.
Friday 11 May 2018 - $4,495* + $599^ flights
Friday 2 June 2018 - $4,525* + $599^ flights
Friday 7 September 2018 - $4,550 + $599^ flights
Friday 14 September 2018 - $4,550 + $599^ flights
Friday 21 September 2018 - $4,550 + $599^ flights
Friday 5 October 2018 - $4,550 + $599^ flights
* Prices based on per person twin share
Single supplement from $1,695
^ Flights are with American Airlines (using Qantas codeshare domestically), flight conditions apply - if you choose not to take the air deal an early payment discount is available, however the two are not combinable
- All pricing is current and correct as of 28 July 2017 and based on per person, twin share basis.
- Single supplements may be applicable.
- A Offers and packages are strictly subject to availability.
- Offers may be withdrawn at any given time without prior notice.
- Flight deals are only available until the 28th of August 2017, for travel on selected 2018 departures.
- Valid for new bookings only.
- Fly for $599 is per person and represents adult fares including any applicable taxes and surcharges.
- The airfare cannot be sold in isolation and is subject to availability.
- Airfares are for economy class for travel between 19 Jan – 05 Apr 2018, 20 Apr – 28 Jun 2018, 17 Jul – 20 Sep 2018. Surcharges apply for travel between 06 Apr – 19 Apr 2018, 29 Jun – 16 Jul 2018, 21 Sep – 02 Oct 2018.
- A fee of $350 will apply to air bookings where any flight sector is outside of the airlines system date range.
- A surcharge will apply if the necessary booking class is not available and a higher booking class is required.
- One free stopover is permitted in LAX, AKL or SYD with additional stopovers permitted at an additional cost.
- A non-refundable deposit of $200 per person for land only trips or $500 per person for trips including rail and/or cruise and full payment for the airfare is due within 7 days of booking or by 28 Aug 2017 (whichever comes first).
- By paying your deposit and airfare you accept the Terms and Conditions of the Insight Air Offer, and air tickets will be issued.
- American Airlines reserve the right to advise an earlier airfare Ticketing Time Limit date, subject to booking conditions and restrictions.
- After ticket issuance fees will apply for any changes to the air booking and 100% cancellation fees will apply.
- After departure changes are not permitted.
- Fly for $599 is not combinable with the Early Payment Discount.
- Credit card fees of up to 2.5% may apply