- Include flights from $699^
- Have an authentic Canadian ranch experience
- Meet a Canadian Mountie
Venture to the land of the grizzlies and glistening glaciers-your in-depth exploration of the Rocky Mountains begins in Stampede country, taking you through scenic icefields, breathtaking lake landscapes, and alpine villages before you embrace your inner Canadian and learn the art of playing the puck from a local pro.
6 nights accommodation
9 meals included
All on-trip transport included
Lace up those skates, hit the ice and learn about being a real hockey player
- City tour of Banff
- Scenic drive along the Icefields Parkway
- Visit Jasper National Park, ride aboard an Ice Explorer on the Athabasca Glacier, Banff National Park
- Be My Guest: The Guinn Family are your welcoming hosts on this authentic Canadian ranch experience during which you'll enjoy a wagon tour and traditional ranch-style dinner
- Cultural Insight: Lace up those skates, hit the ice and learn about being a real hockey player
- Meet a real life Royal Canadian Mountie in Banff
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and local charges included
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- VIP entry to many sights
Day 1: Arrive Calgary
Welcome to beautiful Canada. Get settled in at your hotel, located in the heart of downtown Calgary, and spend the afternoon relaxing or exploring. At 6 p.m., gather at the hotel with your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception.
Day 2: Calgary – Lake Louise – Jasper National Park
Head west into the Canadian Rockies and stop at the "Jewel of the Canadian Rockies", Lake Louise, one of the most beautiful lakes in North America with its backdrop of glistening Victoria Glacier. Continue along the stunning Icefields Parkway, driving alongside snowcapped peaks, thundering waterfalls and glistening glaciers. Keep an eye out for wildlife including grizzly and black bears, moose, elk and mountain goats. Stay tonight in the quaint town of Jasper.
Day 3: Jasper Sightseeing
Start the day with a free morning, enjoying the superb vistas or strolling Jasper's picturesque streets. This afternoon, enjoy a guided walk at Maligne Canyon, one of the most beautiful gorges in the Rockies. Learn about the underground river system while following the canyon's trail past waterfalls and jagged rock formations. Later this afternoon, cruise Maligne Lake (seasonal), followed by a Regional Meal.
(Full Breakfast, Regional meal)
Day 4: Jasper – Athabasca Glacier – Banff
This morning, stop at the Columbia Icefield Visitor Center and step aboard an Ice Explorer, a massive vehicle specially designed for travelling on the surface of glaciers. Travel across the massive Athabasca Glacier as you learn a wealth of fascinating information about glaciers, icefields and their impact on the environment. Later, arrive in the quintessential alpine village of Banff. This evening, before dinner, you'll have the opportunity to meet a Royal Canadian Mountie, dressed in the traditional red serge uniform. This Local Specialist will share exciting and colourful stories and even pose for a few memorable photos.
(Full Breakfast, Dinner)
Day 5: Banff Sightseeing
Stop in Canmore for a unique experience: a chance to experience the thrill and excitement of being a real Canadian hockey player. Whether you have skated before or not, played hockey on or off the ice, this Cultural Insight is your chance to spend time getting to know Canada's game. Learn the secrets and superstitions of hockey players as a professional coach walks you through a day in the life of a player. Go inside the players' dressing room where you have the opportunity to try on full hockey gear. Grab your stick and it's off onto the ice. Find out whether you are lefty or righty and how to score the big goal. Leaving the ice rink behind, immerse yourself in the nature's glory on a sightseeing excursion around Banff, including the classic viewpoint of Surprise Corner, spectacular Bow Falls and the hoodoo rock formations. The rest of the day is yours.
Day 6: Banff
This morning, the options are plentiful-perhaps join an optional excursion to Yoho National Park and Moraine Lake in the Valley of the Ten Peaks. Enjoy an optional helicopter flightseeing tour for a bird's-eye view of the Canadian Rockies before travelling to the Guinn family ranch for a special Be My Guest Farewell Dinner. Enjoy pristine views and abundant wildlife during a horse-drawn wagon ride. After dinner, enjoy a private country line-dancing lesson.
(Full Breakfast, Be My Guest Dining)
Day 7: Banff – Calgary
Descend from the glorious Canadian Rockies and transfer to Calgary International Airport or to the Delta Calgary Downtown, if you are extending your stay.
Wednesday 9 May 2018 - $2,695* + $699^ flights
Wednesday 16 May 2018 - $2,795* + $699^ flights
Sunday 27 May 2018 - $2,795* + $699^ flights
Saturday 2 June 2018 - $2,850* + $699^ flights
Monday 4 June 2018 - $2,850* + $699^ flights
Tuesday 5 June 2018 - $2,850* + $699^ flights
Monday 11 June 2018 - $2,850* + $699^ flights
Tuesday 12 June 2018 - $2,850* + $699^ flights
Monday 18 June 2018 - $2,950* + $699^ flights
Monday 25 June 2018 - $2,950* + $699^ flights
Monday 23 July 2018 - $2,950* + $699^ flights
Monday 30 July 2018 - $2,950* + $699^ flights
Monday 6 August 2018 - $2,950* + $699^ flights
Sunday 11 August 2018 - $2,950* + $699^ flights
Monday 20 August 2018 - $2,950* + $699^ flights
Wednesday 29 August 2018 - $2,950* + $699^ flights
* Based on per person, twin share
Single supplement from: $995
^ Flights are with American Airlines (using Qantas codeshare domestically), flight conditions apply - if you choose not to take the air deal an early payment discount is available, however the two are not combinable
- All pricing is current and correct as of 28 July 2017 and based on per person, twin share basis.
- Single supplements may be applicable.
- A Offers and packages are strictly subject to availability.
- Offers may be withdrawn at any given time without prior notice.
- Flight deals are only available until the 28th of August 2017, for travel on selected 2018 departures.
- Valid for new bookings only.
- Fly for $699 is per person and represents adult fares including any applicable taxes and surcharges.
- The airfare cannot be sold in isolation and is subject to availability.
- Airfares are for economy class for travel between 19 Jan – 05 Apr 2018, 20 Apr – 28 Jun 2018, 17 Jul – 20 Sep 2018. Surcharges apply for travel between 06 Apr – 19 Apr 2018, 29 Jun – 16 Jul 2018, 21 Sep – 02 Oct 2018.
- A fee of $350 will apply to air bookings where any flight sector is outside of the airlines system date range.
- A surcharge will apply if the necessary booking class is not available and a higher booking class is required.
- One free stopover is permitted in LAX, AKL or SYD with additional stopovers permitted at an additional cost.
- A non-refundable deposit of $200 per person for land only trips or $500 per person for trips including rail and/or cruise and full payment for the airfare is due within 7 days of booking or by 28 Aug 2017 (whichever comes first).
- By paying your deposit and airfare you accept the Terms and Conditions of the Trafalgar Air Offer, and air tickets will be issued.
- American Airlines reserve the right to advise an earlier airfare Ticketing Time Limit date, subject to booking conditions and restrictions.
- After ticket issuance fees will apply for any changes to the air booking and 100% cancellation fees will apply.
- After departure changes are not permitted.
- Fly for $699 is not combinable with the Early Payment Discount.
- Credit card fees of up to 2.5% may apply