Enchanting Canadian Maritimes
- Include flights from $699*
- Cruise on Shediac Bay
- Scenic drive along The Cabot Trail
Drop anchor and embark on an exploration of Canada's breathtakingly beautiful Maritimes. Enjoy the taste of the salty Atlantic, fresh lobster on the water and the very best Canadian brews as you explore wind-swept sea cliffs, beautiful centuries-old towns and the hearty way of life of the rugged Nova Scotians.
6 nights accommodation
9 meals included
All on-trip transport included
Visit the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic
- Be My Guest: Meet the owners of the PEI Preserve Company as they host a delicious meal of local cuisine for you, complete with local hospitality
- Cultural Insights: Journey back to 19th century beer brewing tradition at Alexander Keith's brew house and tap room to enjoy a traditional maritime pub dinner and the best Canadian brews. Discover how The Gaelic College in Nova Scotia is helping to promote Gaelic culture in Nova Scotia
- Local Specialists: For sightseeing in Halifax, Charlottetown, Shediac Bay, Hopewell Rocks and Lunenburg
- Discover the Gaelic education programmes at The Gaelic College, and learn how they help promote traditional Gaelic culture in Nova Scotia.
- City tour in Halifax, Charlottetown, Lunenburg
- Cruise on Shediac Bay
- Scenic drive along The Cabot Trail
- Visit the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic, Halifax Citadel, Alexander Graham Bell National Historic Site, Prince Edward Island, Green Gables House, Hopewell Rocks, Peggy's Cove
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and local charges included
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- VIP entry to many sights
Day 1: Arrive Halifax
Welcome to the vibrant city of Halifax. Immerse yourself in the city's rich maritime history or take some time to relax. Gather at the hotel at 6 p.m. with your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception.
Day 2: Halifax Sightseeing
Start the day with a guided visit of the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic. After, join your Local Specialist for an exploration of this sparkling port city. Travel to the local cemetery, where many of the Titanic victims were laid to rest before a visit to the Victorian-era inspired Halifax Public Gardens and the bustling harbourfront. End at the massive Halifax Citadel. The rest of the day is free to pursue your own interests until the evening when you visit one of the oldest breweries in Canada, located in a massive ironstone and granite building for a Cultural Insight. Animators in period costume and character bring 1863 Halifax to life as they lead you through Alexander Keith's beautifully detailed brew house and taproom, followed by a Regional Meal of traditional Maritimes pub fare and the best brews.
(Full Breakfast, Regional Meal)
Day 3: Halifax – Baddeck
Head to Truro and visit the Millbrook Cultural and Heritage Centre and Mi'kmaq Museum celebrating the area's heritage and legends. Learn about the rich history of the Mi'kmaq people as a native Glooscap guides you through their trials, tribulations and triumphs. Drive over the Canso Causeway to Cape Breton Island, an island which has retained a unique blend of Acadian and Gaelic culture and traditions. Arrive in the quaint village of Baddeck. This evening, enjoy a dinner followed by entertainment.
(Full Breakfast, Dinner)
Day 4: Cape Breton and The Cabot Trail
Visit The Gaelic College, a Cultural Insight, and learn how it is helping to promote Gaelic culture and traditions in Nova Scotia. Afterward, get a taste of true natural beauty as you travel along breathtaking Cape Breton and the Cabot Trail, one of the world's most scenic drives. Keep an eye out for moose and bald eagle as you travel in search of whales in the Gulf of the St. Lawrence. On the way back to Baddeck, enjoy a light lunch with scenic views.
(Full Breakfast, Lunch)
Day 5: Baddeck – Wood Islands Ferry – Charlottetown
Visit the Alexander Graham Bell National Historic Site where the famous inventor chose to build his grand Canadian estate. Traversing the scenic Nova Scotia countryside, spot glittering stretches of blue water and rocky headlands before crossing the Northumberland Strait to magical Prince Edward Island and arriving in picturesque Charlottetown. The evening is free for you to explore.
Day 6: Charlottetown Sightseeing
Join a Local Specialist today for an insider's tour of Prince Edward Island. Begin your exploration at Prince Edward Island National Park with its sand dunes festooned with gently waving beach grass and striking red sandstone cliffs. In Cavendish, visit Green Gables House, the famous site that provided inspiration for L.M. Montgomery's beloved children's classic, Anne of Green Gables. This evening, enjoy a unique Be My Guest experience as you are hosted by the owners of the PEI Preserve Company for a delicious meal featuring local cuisine and genuine Prince Edward Island hospitality.
(Full Breakfast, Be My Guest Dining)
Day 7: Charlottetown
Savour a full day to appreciate the charms of Charlottetown on your own. This afternoon, perhaps join an optional clamming excursion on a beach nearby, digging these shellfish from the sand and raking them from the water. Next is a lesson on how to prepare the perfect clambake and how to eat the mollusks the way islanders do.
Day 8: Charlottetown – Shediac Bay – Hopewell Rocks – Saint John
Cross back over the Northumberland Strait via the Confederation Bridge, an 8-mile (12 kilometre) long engineering wonder. Once in New Brunswick, head onto the waters of Shediac Bay where you meet your Local Specialist, an expert on all things lobstering. Enjoy a delicious Regional Meal lunch of lobster served local style on board the boat (weather permitting). Get out your Guinness Book of World Records as you join another Local Specialist to visit the magnificently eroded Hopewell Rocks in the Bay of Fundy, site of the world's highest tides. Arrive in Saint John this evening.
(Full Breakfast, Regional Meal)
Day 9: Saint John – Digby – Lunenburg
Enjoy a leisurely morning before boarding a ferry for the crossing of the Bay of Fundy and arrive in Digby. Later, head for the southern coast of Nova Scotia and arrive in Lunenburg, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Day 10: Lunenburg Sightseeing
This morning, join a Local Specialist for an in-depth visit of Lunenburg, the best surviving example of a planned British colonial settlement in North America. The inhabitants have managed to safeguard the city's identity for centuries by preserving the wooden architecture of the houses, some that date back to the 18th century. Visit the Fisheries Museum of the Atlantic where you have time to browse through the interactive exhibits, aquarium and explore the decks and passageways of real ships. Enjoy the rest of the day on your own before a Farewell Dinner this evening at your hotel.
(Full Breakfast, Farewell Dinner)
Day 11: Lunenburg – Peggy's Cove – Depart Halifax
This morning, breathe in the fresh ocean air at Peggy's Cove on St. Margaret's Bay, delighting painters and photographers alike. Depart for Halifax and the Stanfield International Airport where your trip comes to an end or choose to extend your stay in Halifax.
Saturday 2 June 2018 - $3,795* + $699^ flights
Saturday 9 June 2018 - $3,795* + $699^ flights
Saturday 23 June 2018 - $3,795* + $699^ flights
Saturday 7 July 2018 - $3,795* + $699^ flights
Saturday 28 July 2018 - $3,795* + $699^ flights
Saturday 4 August 2018 - $3,725* + $699^ flights
Saturday 11 August 2018 - $3,725* + $699^ flights
Saturday 25 August 2018 - $3,725* + $699^ flights
* Based on per person, twin share
Single supplement from: $1,125
^ Flights are with American Airlines (using Qantas codeshare domestically), flight conditions apply - if you choose not to take the air deal an early payment discount is available, however the two are not combinable
- All pricing is current and correct as of 28 July 2017 and based on per person, twin share basis.
- Single supplements may be applicable.
- A Offers and packages are strictly subject to availability.
- Offers may be withdrawn at any given time without prior notice.
- Flight deals are only available until the 28th of August 2017, for travel on selected 2018 departures.
- Valid for new bookings only.
- Fly for $699 is per person and represents adult fares including any applicable taxes and surcharges.
- The airfare cannot be sold in isolation and is subject to availability.
- Airfares are for economy class for travel between 19 Jan – 05 Apr 2018, 20 Apr – 28 Jun 2018, 17 Jul – 20 Sep 2018. Surcharges apply for travel between 06 Apr – 19 Apr 2018, 29 Jun – 16 Jul 2018, 21 Sep – 02 Oct 2018.
- A fee of $350 will apply to air bookings where any flight sector is outside of the airlines system date range.
- A surcharge will apply if the necessary booking class is not available and a higher booking class is required.
- One free stopover is permitted in LAX, AKL or SYD with additional stopovers permitted at an additional cost.
- A non-refundable deposit of $200 per person for land only trips or $500 per person for trips including rail and/or cruise and full payment for the airfare is due within 7 days of booking or by 28 Aug 2017 (whichever comes first).
- By paying your deposit and airfare you accept the Terms and Conditions of the Trafalgar Air Offer, and air tickets will be issued.
- American Airlines reserve the right to advise an earlier airfare Ticketing Time Limit date, subject to booking conditions and restrictions.
- After ticket issuance fees will apply for any changes to the air booking and 100% cancellation fees will apply.
- After departure changes are not permitted.
- Fly for $699 is not combinable with the Early Payment Discount.
- Credit card fees of up to 2.5% may apply