Days of Devotion
with Trafalgar CostSaver
- Visit Carcassonne - UNESCO World Heritage city
- Great value for money
- See parts of the Camino de Santiago
Commemorate a century since the Blessed Virgin Mary appeared to three young shepherds at the holy sanctuary of Fátima on this 12-day tailored trip through Spain and Portugal. Your pilgrimage will take you to Barcelona, the French medieval walled city of Carcassonne and Grotto in Lourdes. Follow the 9th century Way of St. James through Burgos and Santiago de Compostela - your journey culminating in Lisbon, a city of seven hills fearlessly facing the Atlantic.
- Barcelona: Sightseeing with your Local Specialist includes Gaudi's Sagrada Familia, the Ramblas and views from Montjuïc
- Carcassonne: Visit this beautifully preserved walled city
- Lourdes: View St. Bernadette's Grotto, the shrine to Our Lady of Lourdes and the birthplace of Bernadette with a Local Specialist
- Burgos: Visit the Cathedral of Saint Mary
- Santiago de Compostela: City tour with a Local Specialist including a visit to St. James' Cathedral
- Fátima: Visit the celebrated Shrine and experience Mass there
- Lisbon: Sightseeing with your Local Specialist includes views of the Hieronymite Monastery and Belém Tower
- Audio Headsets Provided throughout your holiday to enhance your included sightseeing experiences
- Daily breakfast
- Luxury air-conditioned coach
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Variety of Optional Experiences
- An expert Travel Director and separate driver
- All hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes
- Airport transfers are provided on the first and last travel day. Conditions apply
Day 1 - Arrive Barcelona
Welcome to Barcelona. After meeting with your Travel Director, you might like to explore Spain's most cosmopolitan city. Tonight, join your fellow travellers for an included dinner at the hotel.
Hotel: FontAir Congress (dinner)
Day 2 - Barcelona Sightseeing and Free time
Your local specialist shows you the sights including the Ramblas, Plaza Catalunya and spectacular views of the city from Montjuic. Visit inside Gaudi's Sagrada Familia. Enjoy free time to explore the city or join an optional experience to Montserrat.
Hotel: FontAir Congress (buffet breakfast)
Day 3 - Barcelona to Carcassonne
This morning leave the bustling city of Barcelona and travel to the border with France. In the walled city of Carcassonne, our orientation will highlight the main attractions. The rest of the day is free for you to explore this UNESCO World Heritage Site, one of the finest medieval and preserved cities in France. See the well-preserved ramparts, castle walls and drawbridges dating from the middle Ages. Relax at your hotel this evening.
Hotel: Kyriad Carcassonne Ouest - La Cite (buffet breakfast)
Day 4 - Carcassonne to Lourdes
Travel today to one of the world's most famous places of pilgrimage - Lourdes. Every year, millions visit the Grotto of Massabielle where, in 1858, the Virgin Mary is said to have appeared to a local woman. Pilgrims can drink the water flowing from a spring in the grotto. Join the nightly Rosary and candlelight procession for a memorable experience.
Hotel: Quality Christina (buffet breakfast, dinner)
Today's guided walking tour with a local specialist includes a visit to the grotto where the Virgin Mary appeared to St. Bernadette in 1858, the shrine to Our Lady of Lourdes, the birthplace of Bernadette and her home. The afternoon is free to explore this little market town that became a world-renowned pilgrimage site during the 19th century.
Hotel: Quality Christina (buffet breakfast)
Day 6 - Lourdes to Burgos
Cross in to Spain this morning and travel through the Basque region to Burgos. Visit this impressive city and its magnificent French Gothic Cathedral of St. Mary, where you will find the tomb of El Cid (Rodrigo Diaz de Viviar), the 11th Century military commander. Tonight enjoy dinner at your hotel.
Hotel: Silken Gran Teatro (buffet breakfast, dinner)
Day 7- Burgos to Santiago de Compostela
Your journey today will follow part of the route taken by pilgrims on the Camino de Santiago, also known by the English name the 'Way of St. James'. The aim of pilgrims is to walk to the shrine of the apostle St James the Great, in the Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela in Galicia, north-western part of Spain. Many embark on this route as a spiritual journey. The walk between these two points normal takes pilgrims between two to three weeks to walk. On arrival in the city, a short orientation will show you the main sights before you check into your hotel.
Hotel: Eurostar San Lanzaro (buffet breakfast)
Day 8 - Santiago de Compostela sightseeing and free time
After a relaxed start, we explore the city with a local specialist. Visit St. James' cathedral which is said to house the Apostle James' remains beneath the high altar. We then attend the Pilgrims' Mass before you have free time or an opportunity to join an optional experience to Cabo Finisterre, where religious pilgrims complete their walk and burn their robes.
Hotel: Eurostart San Lanzaro (buffet breakfast)
Day 9 - Santiago de Compostela to Fatima
Leave Spain this morning and travel into Portugal. A scenic drive through the magnificent Serra d'Aire Mountains brings you to the Shrine at Fatima, site of celebrated religious miracles made famous by the Virgin Mary's appearance to three shepherd children - Francisco, Jacinta and Lucia - on 13th of May 1917. After a brief orientation, check into your hotel.
Hotel: Fatima (buffet breakfast, dinner)
Day 10 - Fatima free time
This morning, experience Mass at the Shrine of Fatima. You will see the tombs of the visionaries, and the Chapel of the Apparitions. This afternoon there is time to explore on your own.
Hotel: Fatima (buffet breakfast)
Day 11 - Fatima to Lisbon
Today travel to Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal. This great seafaring city is situated near where the Tagus River flows into the Atlantic Ocean. See the Hieronymite Monastery and the medieval quarter of the city before taking in views of the Belem tower on an included sightseeing tour with a local specialist. Enjoy time at leisure or perhaps join an optional experience to Sintra and the coastal town of Cascais. Tonight, enjoy a final dinner with your travel companions at your hotel.
Hotel: Olaias Park (buffet breakfast, dinner)
Day 12 - Depart Lisbon
Say goodbye to your companions after a memorable pilgrimage. Airport transfers are available (conditions apply).
Sunday 6 May 18 - $2,325 pp*
Sunday 27 May 18 - $2,325 pp*
Sunday 3 Jun 18 - $2,325 pp*
Sunday 24 Jun 18 - $2,325 pp*
Sunday 2 Sep 18 - $2,350 pp*
Sunday 23 Sep 18 - $2,350 pp*
Sunday 14 Oct 18 - $1,995 pp*
Sunday 28 Oct 18 - $1,995 pp*
Single Supplement - $490
*Price's show based on twin share
- Price advertised is per person, twin share
- Single supplement applies to solo travellers
- Further conditions apply
- Tours subject to minimum numbers to run, please ask your consultant for more information on guaranteed departure dates
- Itinerary subject to change without notice
- Tour only – flights not included, please ask our friendly travel consultants for the best available airfare
- Trafalgar terms and conditions apply.
- Credit card fees of up to 2.5% may apply
*Terms and conditions apply: see RAC Travel general terms and conditions