- Europe preview savings
- Available for a limited time
- First choice on air offers*
Italy's most famous and best loved cities reveal a treasure trove of riches on this concise, yet surprisingly diverse itinerary
- An expert Insight Tour Director
- Luxury air-conditioned 40 seat coach with extended leg room and on-board restroom
- Personal radio headsets
- Baggage handling everywhere, with seamless and prompt delivery to your hotel
- Complimentary coach and hotel WiFi
- Included airport transfers at scheduled times on arrival and departure days
- Venice: Be Serenaded through the atmospheric canals by gondola
- Florence: Gain insight into the work of Michelangelo during your visit to the Academia Museum
- Rome: A local expert takes you on an exploration of the cities highlights including St Peters Basilica, the Sistine Chapel and gain VIP access into the Vatican Museums.
- Rome: Enjoy an exclusive celebration dinner inside the Vatican after it closes to the public!
Day 1 - Elegant como
Welcome to Italy, after arriving at the airport transfer to the hotel. The afternoon is yours to enjoy and relax before a welcome reception in the evening allows you to meet the group over a pleasant evening of dinner and wine.
Accommodation: Palace Hotel, Como (D)
Day 2 - Verona and on to Venice
Head east to elegant Verona for a leisurely walk past the well-preserved Roman Arena that is still used for opera performances. Stand beneath the balcony in the courtyard of Juliet's house, the supposed location of the famous balcony love scene. After some free time for browsing around the local market, it's on to the glorious city of Venice.
Accommodation: Best Western Premier Hotel Sant'Elena, Venice (B)
Day 3 - Venice, the Magic of 'La Serenissima'
Transfer to Giudecca Island to witness the art of glassblowing. Then appreciate the splendour as you cruise by Palladio's San Giorgio Maggiore to St. Mark's Square. Your tour director will explain the glorious history of 'La Serenissima', once on the greatest trading centre of the world - its wealth and power is echoed by the riches of St Mark's Basilica. See the Doge's Palace and its adjoining Bridge of Sighs. Spend the afternoon as you wish. Later that evening, enjoy the most famous of the Venetian traditions - a gondola ride along the atmospheric canals whilst musicians set the mood with traditional songs.
Accommodation: Best Western Premier Hotel Sant'Elena, Venice (B)
Day 4 - Tranquil Tuscany, Pisa and Florence
Follow the fertile valley of the River Po, into the peaceful landscapes of Tuscany. Continue to Pisa to see the world-famous leaning Tower in the 'Meadow of Miracles' and also the 11th century cathedral and baptistery. Then venture on to beautiful Florence - a treasure house of the Renaissance. On arrival, meet a local expert for a walking tour of the historic centre. Visit the Academia Museum to see Michelangelo's masterpiece statue, David. Admire the marble clad cathedral and baptistery, where Ghiberti's 'Gates of Paradis' have been recreated in all their glory. Next stop is Signoria Square filled with Renaissance sculptures. Chianti, Brunello di Montalcino, Montepulciano - the wines of Tuscany are famous worldwide. During your stay, sample some of these robust reds and learn about their origins.
Accommodation: NH Anglo American, Florence (B, D)
Day 5 - Free time in Renaissance Florence
In the morning, learn all the secrets of traditional Florentine leather-work. The rest of the day is free for you to fully immerse yourself in the Tuscan capital. Perhaps shop for leather goods at the markets around Santa Croce or relax and soak up the atmosphere in one of the many street cafes. Be sure not to miss the magnificent museums and galleries that house some of the most famous works of art in the world. In the evening, there is an opportunity to sample the true flavours of the region with a sumptuous Tuscan dinner and local wine.
Accommodation: NH Anglo American, Florence (B)
Day 6 - Assisi and on to Rome
Travel through the vineyards of the Chianti region in the morning, past Lake Trasimeno - the Italian Peninsula's largest lake and site of a great battle in ancient times against Hannibal and his war elephants. Climb into the foothills of the Apennine Mountains to delightful Assisi, a stone built town spilling over the steep hillside. With a Local Expert, visit the tomb of St. Francis and see the beautiful frescoes by Giotto in the great basilica, before continuing along the valley of the River Tiber towards the 'Eternal City' of Rome. In the evening, why not throw your coin into the Trevi Fountain to ensure your return to the city.
Accommodation: Kolbe Hotel, Rome (B)
Day 7 - Rome sightseeing with Private Vatican Dinner
In the morning enjoy the very best of the city's highlights including a tour of the magnificent St Peter's Basilica in the Vatican. There's free time to do as the Romans do, or perhaps join a tour inside the Colosseum. Then, you are fast-tracked through our special VIP entrance of the Vatican Museums with a Local Expert. Admire the Papal art collection and enter the Sistine Chapel and admire Michelangelo's masterpiece on its ceiling. After the museums close their doors to the public, our tour culminates with a special invitation from a curator of the Ethnological Museum to share their immense knowledge of the collection. Dine tonight in the Vatican in refined elegance among its priceless treasures at a private VIP Celebration Dinner.
Accommodation: Kolbe Hotel, Rome (B, D)
Day 8 - Arrivederci Roma
Bid farewell to the glories of Italy, departure transfers back to Rome airport included.
Europe 2018 Preview
- 2018 tours at 2017 prices
- Save an additional 10% if paid in full before December 14th 2017
- First option on air deals when released (before offered to general public)
- Pay a $200 deposit to guarantee your place on the tour, no price increases once a deposit is paid - if the tour price decreases, the difference will be refunded to you
- Save an additional 5% if you have traveled with Insight before
- *Price advertised is per person, twin shar
- Single supplement applies to solo travellers
- Tours subject to minimum numbers to run, please ask your consultant for more information on guaranteed departure dates
- Itinerary subject to change without notice
- Insight Vacations terms and conditions apply.
- Credit card fees of up to 2.5% may apply
- Price includes 10% early bird discount if paid in full by December 14th
*Terms and conditions apply: see RAC Travel general terms and conditions