All the tools to keep your cool (on the road).
When you sign up for RAC Road Ready you get a FREE learner’s pack; handy information about our Learn to Drive program and tips to get you started on your journey.
Keys 2 Drive
Have you heard about Keys2Drive? It’s the biggest learner driver safety program in WA, so you should check it out. Book your free driving lesson, find a driving instructor and more!
Keys for Life
Keys for Life is a pre-driver program with helpful stuff for you, your parents and your school. Everything you need to help you learn to drive, plus a discount on your Learner’s Permit. Is your school signed up?
To book a workshop visit the RAC website and sign up here
Department of Transport's tips for being a learner driver on the road.
Graduated Demerit Point System
Department of Transport's explanation of the system and how it applies to you.
Free road safety event for years 10 to 12. Check with your school if they’ve registered to attend the next event.
Road Safety Commission
For additional road safety information, plus they have some great games and quizzes to help test your driving knowledge.
Visit the Road Safety Commission website
Once you get your P plates sign up for RAC free2go to receive free roadside assistance!
Make sure you’re covered in any car you’re learning in or driving. RAC Insurance is a great place to start.
Visit the RAC website for more information
Before you drive, check your car is in safe driving condition
- Tyre tread should be at least 1.5mm deep. Tyres should be inflated to the vehicle manufacturers’ specifications. Check tyre pressure when your tyres are cold.
- Have your brakes checked regularly by a qualified person.
- Ensure that your steering assembly is in good condition.
- Make sure all lights, including headlights, brake lights, indicator lights and parking lights are operating correctly.
- Check your horn is working. Only use your horn to warn other road users of danger – it is an offence to use it for other purposes.
- Windscreen and wipers
- Make sure your windscreen is clean. You should replace faulty or damaged windscreen wipers because they prevent you from seeing clearly when it is raining.
- You are legally required to have a mirror on your car and it may be illegal to have anything hanging from it.
Did you know Road Ready members get loads of discounts and special offers?