Top tips (to stay safe)
Hooray, you passed your driving test and got your P-plates! Now what? Planning, practice and patience will help keep you and other drivers safer on the road.
Drive Safe's top 10 rules to safe driving:
- Drive at a safe speed.
- Don’t drink and drive.
- Obey the road rules.
- Concentrate at all times and be prepared.
- Be patient and when in doubt, don’t proceed.
- Plan your moves well in advance.
- Give correct signals.
- Be alert particularly at intersections.
- Know your vehicle.
- Be polite and considerate toward other road users.
For more information visit the Department of Transport.