What happens once I make a complaint?
- We will acknowledge and respond to your complaint within five business days by your preferred method of contact.
- We will endeavour to resolve more complicated complaints within 15 business days unless both you and RAC have agreed to a longer period.
- Once we have made a decision regarding your complaint we'll contact you and advise you of our reasons for reaching this decision.
- If you feel that your matter has not been resolved to your satisfaction you may choose to escalate it further to the RAC Internal Disputes Resolution Panel, comprising representatives from across various business units of RAC who will investigate the case in an impartial manner. An additional 15 business days will then apply for resolution. The panel's decision is final and binding on the organisation.
- If you still feel that your matter has not been dealt with satisfactorily you can contact the below organisation (for Insurance and Finance related disputes) or Consumer Protection (for all other disputes).
- For more information, please view our Complaint and Dispute Resolution Brochure (PDF)
The Australian Financial Complaints Authority or ‘AFCA’ is an external dispute resolution (EDR) organisation aimed at resolving disputes between policyholders and their insurance companies, or uninsured claimants who have a dispute with an insurer in relation to motor vehicle property damage.
Any decision made by AFCA Australia will be binding on us if accepted by you. If you do not accept the decision, it is not binding and does not exclude other remedies.
AFCA can be contacted by:
Telephone: 1800 931 678
Mail: Australian Financial Complaints Authority, GPO Box 3, Melbourne VIC 3001