I didn’t want my vehicle written off but you have already notified The Department of Transport

We will declare your vehicle a total loss (ie written off) when we decide that the damage to the vehicle is such that it would not be safe or economical to repair or the vehicle was stolen and not recovered (refer to page 25 of the PDS). If your vehicle is under 15 years old, RAC has a legal obligation to advise the Department of Transport that your vehicle has been deemed a total loss. We must send a WOVR form (Written off Vehicles Registry) as soon as possible to avoid being fined.
More FAQs about: