Do I need building insurance if I have landlord’s insurance?

That depends on the cover options you have selected under your landlord’s insurance policy. Building insurance typically covers residential buildings that are occupied by the owner. Landlord’s insurance can cover residential buildings that you, as the owner, have tenants living in. If you have an investment property, you can choose to take out our landlord’s insurance policy, as it can cover your building, or your building and landlord’s fixtures and fittings. You should always check the PDS & TMD to see if this product is right for you.