What is the difference between home & contents insurance and landlord’s insurance?

Landlord’s insurance, like our home & contents insurance, covers you for damage caused by storm, floods, fire and theft up to the sum insured. In addition, landlord’s insurance covers malicious damage caused by your tenant, loss of rent when your tenant defaults on their payment (after 4 weeks, for up to 12 weeks rent to a maximum of $3,000) and loss of rent for up to 12 months if the building becomes uninhabitable because of an insured event.