How soon after buying my Home & Contents Insurance policy will I be covered for bushfires?

Damage to your building and contents will be covered after 48 hours of the initial commencement of your policy. However, loss or damage will be instantly covered for bushfires if your RAC Home & Contents insurance policy commenced:

  • When you first took possession of your building
  • When your lease for your building first commenced
  • Immediately after another policy covering the same risk expired without a break in cover