Home security systems
In WA, a business or individual providing security services must hold the appropriate Security Consultant or Security Installer licence with WA Police, so ask to see their security licence and identification. RAC Security is a fully licensed agent, and all security consultants and installers hold the relevant security licence.
Yes, your quoted price includes standard installation. Additional items may be needed depending on your specific requirements, and in some instances, additional cabling or parts may be required. A no obligation quote will be provided following inspection.
Depending on the type of home security system you're getting installed, it can take anywhere from 3 hours to a few days, but for an average security system you should allow half a day.
Home alarm systems
Please refer to the user manual for your alarm system as the steps to resolve your specific issue may vary. Search for 'Alarm Error Codes' and follow the step-by-step instructions.
- Locate the alarm box and disconnect the back-up battery. The alarm box is usually cream or white and can sometimes be located in a walk-in robe.
- Then turn the alarm system off at the main power supply.
If your alarm is activated and the system hasn't been disarmed within 60 seconds of activation, RAC's security team will receive a 'burglar alarm' and will call the listed contact immediately. They will then provide the recommended next steps.
Depending on the alarm system, you'll need to refer to the home alarm user manual for instructions on how to bypass the zone.
If your alarm system is monitored by RAC, you'll need to contact our home security team on 1300 131 578 to let them know you're changing the batteries.
- Depending on the type of alarm sensor, you'll find either a screw or a clip insert on the side of the device.
- Open the lid to see the battery inside, take it out and replace with a new one.
- Ensure the lid is properly closed when finished.
Home security camera systems
- Log into the security camera recorder and select the 'Playback' feature.
- Select the camera and date you would like to play back. This can usually be located on the bottom right-hand side.
- Below the footage there is a 24-hour timeline, allowing you to navigate throughout that day and view the recording.
If you've forgotten the password for your security camera NVR, you'll need to call the RAC Security team on 1300 131 578 to troubleshoot. If we're unable to resolve the issue with you, we may need to organise a security technician to visit your home and reset the password.
Try using the main phone number you had at the time your security camera system was installed as the username. If you've forgotten your password, you can reset it by clicking the 'Forgot Password' button and following the prompts.
If you can't see your home security cameras on the APP, try turning the NVR off and back on again.
To set up another user to view your home security cameras, you'll need to provide them with your login details. When they attempt to log in they may be asked for a verification code. If so, please call the home security team on 1300 131 578 to obtain the code.
- Live view of your security cameras will always be displayed on your NVR output.
- To view your cameras in a larger view, you'll need to double click on the camera to open it in full screen.
- You can play back camera footage by logging into the NVR and selecting 'Playback'.
- Select the camera and the date that you would like to playback. This can usually be located on the bottom right-hand side.
- Below the camera footage there is a 24-hour timeline, allowing you to navigate throughout that day and view the recording.
Home security video doorbell
Yes, as long as you have a stable data connection, you'll be able to access your RAC video doorbell if you're interstate or overseas.
For a standalone system which is using a memory card, you can access the still images that are taken when someone presses the doorbell via the indoor station or screen.
For a video doorbell that is connected to an NVR, you can set the doorbell to record video like a home security camera. Then you can access the footage through an NVR or through the APP.
We service and repair a large range of home security systems, so if your alarm or security camera system isn’t working properly, our police licensed technicians will be able to get you back up and running.
Enquire about booking a service visit with one of our fully licensed technicians today.