For full details of your policy, see please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement (PDF 1.2MB).
Limits, exclusions & conditions apply. R.A.C. Travel Services Pty. Limited (ABN 17 009 164 176, AR 228577) is an authorised representative of Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance Co., Ltd (Tokio Marine & Nichido) ABN 80 000 438 291 AFSL 246548, the insurer underwriting this product. This is general advice only. We do not provide any advice based on any consideration to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please review your own needs and the combined Product Disclosure Statement and Financial Services Guide before deciding to buy this insurance.
Duty of disclosure
Before You start or vary a policy with Us, You have a duty under the Insurance Contracts Act 1984 (Cth) to tell Us every matter You know, or could reasonably be expected to know, that is relevant to Our decision whether to accept the risk of insuring You and if so, on what terms. We rely on the accuracy of the information You provide to Us. Our decision to insure You is based on this. You are not expected to tell Us information:
- That lessens the risk We accept
- That is common knowledge
- That We know or ought to know in the ordinary course of Our business; or
- If We waive Your Duty of Disclosure
- When You ask for cover You must honestly answer specific questions about matters that may affect Our decision whether: (a) to accept the risks of offering You cover; and (b) the terms (including cost) of such cover
- If You asked for the cover to be extended, altered or reinstated We may: (a) ask You specific questions as mentioned above, and You must again answer honestly; and/or (b) give You a copy of the matters You previously disclosed to Us in relation to the cover, and request
You to tell Us:
- If there have been any changes to that matter (being a change that is known to You or that a reasonable person in such circumstances could be expected to disclose); or
- If there have been no changes to that matter
If You fail to comply with Your Duty of Disclosure, including if the information You give is not accurate, We may be entitled to reduce or deny any claim You may make or cancel the policy altogether. If Your nondisclosure is fraudulent, We may also have the option of avoiding the contract from the beginning, which is, treating as though it never existed.
Who does the duty apply to?
Everyone who is insured under the policy must comply with the duty of disclosure.
What happens if you or they breach the duty?
If you or they do not comply with the duty of disclosure, we may cancel the policy or reduce the amount we pay if you make a claim. If fraud is involved, we may treat the policy as if it never existed and pay nothing.
This is general advice only. We do not provide any advice based on any consideration of your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement (PDF 1.2MB) before making a decision about this insurance. This insurance is issued by Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance Co., Ltd (Tokio Marine & Nichido) ABN 80 000 438 291, AFSL 246548. Its managing agent, Tokio Marine Management (Australasia) Pty. Ltd. ABN 69 004 488 455 (TMMA) is authorised to act on behalf of Tokio Marine & Nichido to issue its policies and handle and settle claims in relation to those policies, subject to the terms of the authority. Limits, exclusions and conditions apply. Whilst the PDS outlines the Terms and Conditions of these products, the TMD’s outline the intended class of customers that comprise the target market for these travel products. This will allow you to consider which products best suit your objectives, financial situation and needs and consider the products appropriateness to your personal circumstances. TMD’s also outline matters involving the distribution and the review of these products. The TMD’s for each travel product can be found at tokiomarine.com.au.