Reconnect WA seeks to help reimagine and revitalise streets and public spaces to...
ConnectedCreate vibrant and active places for Western Australians to interact and reconnect with our cities and towns, and each other.
SaferInspire and empower residents and business communities to co-design and drive change in their local area.
SustainableLay the foundations for longer-term changes to support safe, sustainable and connected communities.
Hannay Lane in Dunsborough
In partnership with the City of Busselton, we converted Hannay Lane in Dunsborough into a more pedestrian friendly street.
Subiaco Pop-up Square
In partnership with the City of Subiaco, the corner of Rokeby Road and Churchill Avenue was transformed into a vibrant, community plaza as part of a six-week trial.
Gnalla Pop-up Plaza
In partnership with the City of Stirling, a vibrant pop-up plaza has been brought to Nollamara shopping centre as part of a four-month trial.
Coming soon to Perth
In partnership with the City of Cockburn, we are turning Healy Road in Hamilton Hill into a slower-speed, cycling-friendly corridor. Under the 12-month trial, temporary slow-points, road markings and painted intersections will be installed to create a safe cycling route connecting to key destinations like the beach.
The project aims to:
- Address community safety concerns about traffic volumes and speeds
- Change the street design to slow traffic and make it safe for cycling, as well as walking
- Inspire members of the local community to get involved in redesigning the street and trialling new ideas
In partnership with the City of Canning, we are helping transform the Hillview Hub in Bentley into a lively community precinct. Through the Hillview Park and streetscapes upgrade, we’re creating a new and exciting place for residents to relax and connect with each other.
The project will include:
- Upgrades to facilities and amenities in Hillview Park, including a new nature play space, multi-sports hard court and outdoor fitness equipment.
- New pedestrian crossings, street upgrades and narrow traffic lanes to improve pedestrian and cycling access to the park and shops.
- Enhanced shopfront areas to allow for alfresco dining.
- Upgrades to the existing car park, enabling it to be converted into a community space for events and markets.
In partnership with the City of Bayswater, we are revitalising the Morley Town Centre and linking Morley Galleria, Morley Library and Coventry Village together.
The project will include:
- An alfresco-style activation at the corner of Walter Road West and Wellington Road.
- A new community space in front of the Morley Library.
- Improved pedestrian connections within the Progress and Bishop Street precinct through creative wayfinding and streetscape enhancements.