What is Western Australia’s ultimate road trip? That’s the question being posed by RAC, which has launched a new competition this week asking the public to vote for the best in the West.
Western Australians can vote for their top three road trips from a shortlist of 16, which range from iconic drives to hidden gems.
RAC Executive Manager Travel and Tourism, Michael Leary said the list included road trips from all corners of Western Australia.
“There’s sure to be a few favourites among these top picks, which cover classic Aussie destinations ranging from Kununurra in Northern WA to Esperance in the Great Southern and everything in between,” Mr Leary said.
“The list features trips which stretch into popular tourist areas like Albany, Denmark and Margaret River, but also includes some lesser known gems like New Norcia in the Wheatbelt.
“We really encourage West Australians to get involved and back their favourite road trip for a chance to see it crowned one of the best in the State.
“There’s so much beauty in our wonderful State and this is also the perfect time to start exploring options for your next summer staycation.”
A range of prizes are also up for grabs to help West Aussie’s kick start their next adventure, including $50 fuel vouchers, car servicing, roadside membership, savings at RAC Parks and Resorts and more.
Voting is now open and closes 22 October.Visit the RAC website to cast your vote.
Media Contact: Mikayla Wearne ‐ 0401 703 719 or email@example.com
THE SHORTLIST OF WA’s BEST ROAD TRIPS:
- South West Trail ‐ 1306km (round trip)
- Jarrahland Trail ‐ 740km (round trip)
- South West Wine ‐ 290km (direct)
- Great Southern Drive ‐ 965km (direct)
Wheatbelt and Mid‐West:
- Coral Coast ‐ 2900km (round trip)
- Perth to Mullewa ‐ 478km (direct)
- Perth to New Norcia ‐ 253km (direct)
- Mid‐West WA ‐ 3765km (round trip)
- Geraldton to Wubin ‐ 2070km (direct)
- Perth to Kalgoorlie ‐ 642km (direct)
- Perth to Wave Rock ‐ 756km (round trip)
- Kununurra to Broome via Gibb ‐ 660km (direct)
- Great Central Road (WA portion) ‐ 1100km
- Port Hedland to Onslow ‐ 1830km (direct)
- Canning Stock Route ‐ 1850km
- Warlu Way ‐ 2000km