Vehicle Inspection Terms and Conditions (Vehicle Inspection Conditions)
- These Vehicle Inspection Conditions apply if you order a Vehicle Inspection.
- We may change the Vehicle Inspection Conditions from time to time at our sole discretion and you agree to be bound by these changes after the date of the change.
- The Vehicle Inspection Conditions “Report” means the written report produced by us as part of the Vehicle Inspection service.
- Reports are limited to the parts and/or items specifically listed on the Report. Specifically, the check list for the Report is available on request prior to the Vehicle Inspection. Our Report will cover the car’s engine compartment, tyres and wheels, brakes and under body. In addition your car will be taken on a road test. A Vehicle Inspection does not include an inspection of the body work, nor does it involve dismantling or disturbing any structure, assembly, component or internal mechanism. Vehicle Inspections will be carried out our service centres. We do not inspect motorbikes, buses, trucks or commercial vehicles larger than 3 tonnes GVM. An engine compression test is not included but can be carried out if requested at a further cost.
- We will inspect items listed on the Report except for those items that are not reasonably accessible. In these circumstances we will be under no obligation to inspect and/or report on the part/item in question and will mark the relevant section of the Report accordingly. The Vehicle Inspection does not guarantee:
(a) that all or any of the components of your car are original components or replacement components, which have been manufactured by the car manufacturer;
(b) the authenticity of the registration, the mileage, VIN number, the engine number or the car service history;
- The Vehicle Inspection does not check:
(a) the general car history;
(b) whether any recall notices have been issued and you are recommended to check with the car's manufacturer that it has not been subject to a recall notice. The Vehicle Inspection can only describe and/or identify defects actually found and/or which are reasonably capable of being found upon external visual consideration of your car at the time of the Vehicle Inspection. We cannot be held and are not responsible for any latent defects which are later discovered. We cannot advise of defects if we cannot see them or if they are not apparent during the Vehicle Inspection. The Vehicle Inspection does not check for the addition of additives to engine oil, transmission, differentials or cooling systems to mask leaks or mechanical defects.
- Road testing is carried out within the immediate area of our service centre where the Vehicle Inspection is to be performed. If, due to circumstances outside of our reasonable control, the car is deemed to be of an un-roadworthy condition, for example, the car's brakes and/or tyres are worn or inadequate, a road test will not be carried out at the time of inspection, the original fee shall remain fully payable and an additional fee will be payable for any subsequent road test we are asked to undertake. Road testing is limited to speed limits in force in the area of testing. 4WD and AWD systems and operation are not tested as part of the road test.
- Fees and charges must be paid by major credit card or cash at the time of completion of the Vehicle Inspection. All fees and charges are subject to change without notice. However, we will update our fees and charges regularly in written information we provide and at our website: www.rac.com.au. Some prestige or imported cars require extra time to complete a Vehicle Inspection and as such may be subject to additional charges. The additional charges will be identified and notified to you prior to the Vehicle Inspection. We reserve the right to refuse to conduct a Vehicle Inspection on any car.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law and subject always to any rights or remedies you have under legislation or regulations, including but not limited to the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), our total liability for breach of any implied warranty or condition which cannot be excluded is restricted, at our option, is:
(a) the re-supply of those services; or
(b) the payment of the cost of having those services re-supplied.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, we will not be liable to you or any third parties for any claim whether that claim arises in contract, tort (including negligence or statute) for any loss (including loss of profits or special, indirect, incidental or consequential loss), damage, injury or death to any person or property arising out of or relating to the Vehicle Inspection performed by us.
- Privacy statement
RAC Auto Services collects your personal information in order to provide you with our products and services and for internal administration and operational purposes, market and customer satisfaction research and in order to comply with legislative and regulatory requirements. If you do not provide us with your personal information, RAC Auto Services may not be able to provide you with its products and services.
RAC Auto Services and its agents may use your personal information and disclose it to its related bodies corporate and third parties in order to inform you about products and services, special offers and discounts provided by RAC Auto Services, its related bodies corporate and third parties that may be of interest to you. For further information on how RAC Auto Services deals with your personal information, visit www.rac.com.au or write to RAC, GPO Box C140, Perth WA 6839. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from RAC Auto Services, its related bodies corporate or third parties, please contact us at RAC, GPO Box C140, Perth WA 6839 and include your name and address and we will not send you any further marketing communications.
Back to Vehicle Inspections