Before you buy that second hand car, or your warranty runs out, it pays to have an expert inspect it.
For a thorough check you know you can trust, book your car in for an RAC Vehicle Inspection. All our inspections are carried out at an RAC Auto Services centre so the vehicles can be inspected on the hoist with the wheels removed to ensure 4WD engagement and a thorough brake pad examination. You’ll get a full report on the vehicle’s general condition and safety components**, plus a car history report, valued at $36.95, included for free (see below for more details).
The following checks are included:
- Engine - Oil level and condition, all fluid levels and condition, power steering, cooling system pressure test, drive belts and pulleys, mounts, noises, radiator and cap condition, fumes, smoke, gas tank.
- Under body – Exhaust system, drive line, steering components, suspension, fuel hoses, wheel bearings, shock absorbers.
- Brakes – Brake pads and discs, hand brake, brake hoses.
- Tyres – Inspect all tyres including spare, rims and nuts.
- Battery and charging system – Electrolyte level, terminals and leads, charge rate, condition, type and size.
- Lighting – Exterior and interior lights.
- Interior components – Seatbelts, window operation, air conditioner operation.
|Vehicle Inspection pricing
What is a car history report?
A car history report provides history on whether the used car you are buying has been written off, stolen, damaged or has money owing on it.
The following is included in the report:
- Finance check for money owing – PPSR certificate (previously REVS)
- Written off check
- Stolen check
- Flood/storm damage check
- Odometer wind back check
- Registration details
- ANCAP Safety & Emission Rating
**Our main focus is safety, so we do not inspect body, paint or interior components other than those mentioned. We do not dismantle or disturb any structure, assembly, component or internal mechanism.