Just give us a call on 13 17 03 and we’ll be able to locate your details and policy coverage.
If you have a RAC Comprehensive or Third Party Fire & Theft Insurance policy, your car is covered for loss or damage caused by bushfire.
In the event of a total loss of your property caused by bushfire, we provide the following additional benefits as part of your RAC Home & Contents Insurance policy:
- Temporary Accommodation for you and your pets for up to 12-months if you have home building insurance or if you are a tenant with home contents insurance
- Demolition and debris removal up to 10% of your building sum insured
- Building and compliance fees and costs up to 10% of your building sum insured
Damage to your building and contents will be covered after 48 hours of the initial commencement of your policy. However, loss or damage will be instantly covered for bushfires if your RAC Home & Contents insurance policy commenced:
- When you first took possession of your building
- When your lease for your building first commenced
- Immediately after another policy covering the same risk expired without a break in cover
We know this is a difficult time for many of our members and we are committed to supporting you. If you are experiencing financial hardship, please contact us on 13 17 03 to discuss your options.