We'd like to say thanks to our members for being patient over this period
If your damage presents a risk to yourself or others
You can organise your own repairs, just keep all of your receipts and supporting documents, including photographs.
Make a claim
Call our Perth claims team on 13 17 03. Or you can make a claim online using the options below.
Tips for making a claim:
- If you have a damaged fence make a note of your fence details to use in your claim. These include, type of fence, number of panels damaged, is it a dividing fence? How many panels were painted?
- Where possible take photos of any damage, they can be uploaded when you make your claim or provided once you've submitted your claim.
- Hold on to any items which have been damaged and are part of your claim. These may need to be assessed separately.
Claim online 24/7
- Have your policy details ready.
- Fill in your policy number and surname exactly how they appear on your policy documents.
- Once you've submitted your claim, you'll receive a confirmation email to confirm the receipt of your claim.
- Our Perth claims team will contact you to confirm next steps within 48 hours.
What are you covered for?
You can log in and view your policy details in myRAC.
If you have been asked to submit documentation to support your claim, you can choose one of the following:
- Login to myRAC and upload your documents
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: RAC Claims, GPO Box C140, Perth WA 6839
Remember to clearly indicate your claim number in the subject of your email and on your documents.
RAC building insurance covers loss or damage to your fences and gates caused by storms, as long as they were structurally sound and well maintained prior to the damage or loss occurring.
You can claim online for your storm damaged fence 24/7. Once you’ve lodged a claim and we’ve approved it, we’ll arrange settlement so you can organise a repair or replacement. You’ll need to discuss repair or replacement options with your neighbour if you share a fence with them.
If you have received payment for your fence repair but additional costs have been flagged by your repairer once your repairs have commenced, please provide your repairers' report along with photographs and the claim number.
Please send these along with your claim number to:
Mail: RAC Claims, GPO Box C140, Perth WA 6839