- Travel aboard a Quark Expeditions ice-strengthened vessel
- Explore highlights of the Antarctic Peninsula
- Experience abundant wildlife, such as penguins, seals and whales
- Save up to 37%^
If this is your first visit, our classic Antarctic Explorer voyage gives you the best of the stunning Antarctic Peninsula. Conquer the famed Drake Passage in your choice of four stabilized, polar-class vessels; explore majestic natural environments by zodiac and on foot; get up close and personal with penguins, whales and other wildlife; and enjoy talks on history, biology and glaciology by onboard polar experts. You can personalize your adventure with options that suit your interests and cross the 7th Continent off the list—your way.
Antarctica has been inspiring explorers for centuries and our voyages — led by the best expedition teams in the industry — offer the chance for you to discover why.
We’re excited to host you on your unforgettable adventure!
Quark Expeditions boasts the largest polar-class fleet of any polar operator, and the ability to offer you this incredible voyage on one of our ice strengthened vessels. The entire Quark Expeditions fleet is built for challenging polar environments, allowing us to take you to places ordinary cruise companies wouldn’t dream of going.
Polar powerhouse, the World Explorer—our first all suites, all-balcony ice-class ship—lets you discover everything Antarctica has to offer, with the type of service violable only at premium hotels. The World Explorer also provides plenty of areas, both inside and out, to witness the incredible Antarctic wildlife or simply watch the world go by. Enjoy a spacious observation deck for taking in sights outdoors, an observation lounge with panoramic skyline views, a library for intimate relaxing and reading, and the Explorer Lounge for a drink and a chat. Presentations and discussions are held in a dedicated lecture theatre. Health and wellness facilities feature an outdoor running track, small gym and spa, plus an outdoor swimming pool. With its new and environmentally sustainable hybrid technology and state-of-the-art Rolls-Royce engines and generators, the ship also boasts reduced fuel consumption and CO2 emissions.
Staff & Crew: 125
Lifeboats: 2, fully enclosed
Ice Class: 1B
Ocean Adventurer has long been a fleet favourite among guests and crew who’ve appreciated the charm of this nimble vessel, its ample outdoor deck space, numerous cozy spots to socialize onboard, the outdoor jacuzzi and, of course, the intimacy of a 128-passenger vessel. In 2017, Ocean Adventurer underwent a multimillion-dollar renovation including a refreshed look and feel throughout, plus a completely remodelled lounge, dining room and bar. All cabins received brand new bathroom facilities. Six new deluxe cabins, as well as three new suites, were also added. Major technical enhancements featured two new Rolls-Royce engines, which yield increased speed and fuel efficiency, and a minimized carbon footprint.
Staff & Crew: 87
Lifeboats: 4, partially enclosed
Ice Class: 1A
The newest ship in the fleet, Ultramarine, is designed to go beyond the familiar in polar exploration, to discover new places, and to immerse you in the best the region has to offer. Equipped with two twin-engine helicopters, Ultramarine offers the most robust portfolio of adventure activities in the industry, the most spacious suites in its category, breathtaking public spaces, and more outdoor wildlife viewing spaces than other expedition ships its size. It also features an innovative mix of sustainability features that exceed all industry standards. With all this and more, Ultramarine is set to deliver the ultimate polar expedition experience.
Staff & Crew: 140
Lifeboats: 4, fully enclosed
Ice Class: 1A+, PC6
- Explore highlights of the Antarctic Peninsula
- Travel safely and comfortably aboard any Quark Expeditions ice-strengthened vessel
- Enjoy presentations on wildlife, history, glaciology & geology by our onboard polar experts
- Experience abundant wildlife, such as penguins, seals and whales
- Immerse yourself in the icy realm of the Antarctic, with an optional paddling excursion
- Leadership throughout the voyage by our experienced Expedition Leaders, including shore landings and other activities
- All Zodiac transfers and cruising as per the daily program
- All shore landings as per the daily program
- Shipboard accommodation with daily housekeeping
- All meals, snacks, soft drinks and juices on board throughout your voyage (Please inform us of any dietary requirements as far in advance as possible. Unfortunately, the ships’ galleys cannot prepare kosher meals.)
- Select beer and wine during dinner; and coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock
- Formal and informal presentations by our Expedition Team and guest speakers as scheduled
- A photographic journal documenting the expedition
- A pair of waterproof expedition boots on loan for landings and Zodiac cruising excursions
- An official Quark Expeditions parka to keep
- Hair dryer and bathrobes in every cabin
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program
- All luggage handling aboard the ship
- Emergency Evacuation insurance for all passengers to a maximum benefit of USD $500,000 per person
- Group arrival transfer in Ushuaia from airport to pre-expedition hotel on Day 1
- One night’s pre-expedition hotel accommodation in Ushuaia with breakfast (Note: The number of guests per room is the same as cabin occupancy on the ship. Due to limited availability, travelers who reserve a suite on board are accommodated in standard rooms at the hotel. Triple rooms may not be available.)
- Group transfer from hotel to ship on embarkation day
- Group departure transfer upon disembarkation in Ushuaia from ship to local airport or to luggage storage facility
- International airfare
- Passport and applicable visa expenses
- Government arrival and departure taxes not mentioned
- Meals unless otherwise specified
- Baggage, cancellation, interruption and medical travel insurance—strongly recommended
- Excess-baggage fees on international and domestic flights
- Mandatory waterproof pants for Zodiac landing and cruising excursions, or any other gear not mentioned
- Laundry, bar, spa services and other personal charges, unless specified
- Phone and Internet charges (connectivity may vary by location)
- Voluntary gratuity at the end of the voyage for expedition staff and shipboard crew
- Additional overnight accommodation
- Arrival and departure transfers, except where explicitly stated
Below itinerary is based on the 10 Night Ushuaia return departure. Please note, this is an indication only as itineraries are subject to change.
Day 1: Arrive in Ushuaia, Argentina
You will begin your journey in Ushuaia, a small but bustling port town at the tip of South America. This Argentine town is an ideal gateway for you to explore the southern extent of Patagonia while preparing for your adventure ahead. Get active in the mountains or enjoy handcrafted chocolate at a café in town.
Day 2: Embarkation Day
Embarkation will occur in the late afternoon, after which your vessel will sail down the historic Beagle Channel, which transects the Tierra del Fuego archipelago in the extreme south of South America. Expect an air of anticipation as you depart—the next time you see land, you’ll be in the world’s most southern continent!
Days 3 and 4: Crossing the Drake Passage
Your days at sea are filled with presentations led by your Expedition Team on photography, wildlife, glaciology, and history. In between presentations, spend time on deck looking for wildlife or chatting with your shipmates over a drink at the bar.
Days 5 to 8: South Shetland Islands and Antarctic Peninsula
The most common reaction upon reaching the White Continent is a sense of reverence and awe. The experience is beyond words, since few places are as untouched and enduring as Antarctica. You will begin to appreciate why this region has long captivated the attention of explorers and travellers alike. Every time we visit Antarctica, we witness something new or unexpected, which means that your expedition will be unlike any other—creating a unique, personal experience.
Each day, you will take Zodiac excursions from the ship to explore glaciated bays, channels and landing sites. Your Expedition Team will take care of you at each landing, whether you are hiking the Antarctic landscape, visiting a research station or consorting with chinstrap, Adélie and gentoo penguins, all of which can be found here. Keep an eye out for Weddell, fur, crabeater and leopard seals as well as curious whales, such as humpbacks, minkes, or perhaps orcas while on a Zodiac cruise. Each excursion will present a new collection of creatures to delight you and keep your camera busy.
Amid the serene silence of Antarctica, noisy interludes become indelible memories, such as penguins squabbling over prized pebbles, or the boom and crack of a calving glacier.
Every day will be different, having been carefully crafted by your Expedition Team to inspire and educate you about this wonderful part of the world.
Days 9 and 10: Crossing the Drake Passage
The journey back across the Drake Passage provides final opportunities to enjoy the crisp Antarctic air Spend time on the deck, watching for seabirds and scouting for whales, enjoy presentations by your Expedition Team and celebrate the experiences shared exploring Antarctica.
Day 11: Disembark in Ushuaia
You will arrive in Ushuaia in the morning, which allows for you to continue your adventure onward or catch your flights home.
World Explorer Departures
2024: 20 January, 29 January, 05 March, 05 November, 14 November, 23 November, 28 December
2025: 22 January, 31 January, 09 February, 18 February, 11 March
|Veranda Suite||From $13,608|
|Superior Suite||Sold out|
|Deluxe Suite||From $18,459|
|Owner's Suite||From $20,097|
Above prices are a guide only and based on 11 March 2025 departure, are starting prices inclusive of all savings and are subject to availability and change.
Ocean Adventurer Departures
2024: 22 November, 01 December, 10 December
|Lower Deck Twin||From $13,482|
|Main Deck Porthole||From $13,986|
|Main Deck Window||From $15,561|
|Owner's Suite||From $22,995|
Above prices are a guide only and based on 22 November 2024 departure, are starting prices inclusive of all savings and are subject to availability and change.
2024: 04 January, 03 February, 12 February, 21 February, 16 November, 26 November, 06 December
2025: 18 January, 19 February
|Explorer Triple||From $16,594|
|Explorer Suite||From $19,114|
|Balcony Suite||From $21,004|
|Solo Panorama||From $26,107|
|Deluxe Balcony Suite||From $24,532|
|Terrace Suite||From $25,477|
|Penthouse Suite||From $27,052|
|Owner's Suite||From $32,974|
|Ultra Suite||Sold out|
Above prices are a guide only and based on 16 November 2024 departure, are starting prices inclusive of all savings and are subject to availability and change.
All prices are correct as at 01 December 2023. Please check with your RAC travel consultant for availability and pricing.
*Advertised price is per person based on twin share occupancy, based on 11 March 2025 departure on the World Explorer, is a starting price inclusive of all savings and is subject to availability and change. All displayed prices are correct as at 01 December 2023. To confirm reservations, a deposit of 25% (unless indicated otherwise at time of booking) of the total invoice amount is required at time of booking. Balances are due 120 days prior to departure.
^Offer save up to 37% applies on select voyages to the Antarctic. Displayed prices include all savings. Offer is subject to availability and change and may be withdrawn without notice. Further terms and conditions apply. Please contact your RAC travel consultant for full terms and conditions.
General RAC Travel terms and conditions apply.