Our experienced RAC Roadside Assistance Patrols share vital maintenance and safety tips with the drivers of tomorrow
About the workshop
Our Car Maintenance and Safety workshops are visual and interactive and include vehicle-based demonstrations for groups of 15 to 30 students. Workshops are delivered in schools by RAC Roadside Assistance Patrols and provide students with information and tips on how to safely maintain a vehicle, conduct regular safety checks and how to stay safe in the event of a breakdown.
These workshops are valuable for learner drivers, increasing vehicle and safety knowledge as they consider purchasing their first vehicle.
Workshop features and requirements
- Year 10 - 12 Students
- 60 minute workshop
- Groups of 15 - 30
- Bookings available Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday between 11am - 3pm
- Presenters require access to a suitable vehicle and workshop location*
- Booking conditions apply to ensure the safety of students and presenters
*Workshop location requirements - even and solid ground with suitable cover shade available, away from moving vehicles and pedestrians.
- Basic preventative maintenance - what's under the bonnet, fluid levels, car interior and dashboard lights.
- Tyre condition - tyre maintenance, checking pressure, tread and what to do when a wheel needs changing.
- The importance of regular car maintenance and servicing.
- Road safety tips - SLOMO, driving to the conditions, what to do if you breakdown or if you are involved in a crash.
- Q&A with RAC Patrols
- Understand the connection between maintenance and safety.
- Learn safe, basic preventative maintenance tips.
- Understand the importance of regular car servicing.
- Know what to do in the event of a breakdown or incident.
- Understand the importance of driving safely on the road.