RAC has been hosting bstreetsmart in Western Australia since 2012, and in this time more than 45,000 secondary school students have attended.
RAC bstreetsmart features a crash scene re-enactment attended by the emergency services, just as it would occur at a real crash site. The students also have the opportunity to listen to speakers who have been directly impacted by road trauma and talk with emergency services personnel.
We want to know what you thought of RAC bstreetsmart 2019!
Our post-event surveys help us to review RAC bstreetsmart and assist in the development of the event. If you haven’t already, it would be appreciated if you could encourage all teachers and students that attended the 2019 event to complete the relevant post-event surveys. Students who complete the survey will also go into the draw to win one of three $100 pre-paid Mastercards.
Event day information
Information on preparing for event day and getting to and from RAC Arena
- Registered schools will receive a tailored Travel Plan before event day
- Travel Plans will include your school travel arrangements, walking routes and parking zones
- There is no bus parking available at RAC Arena
- Departure details will be on your Travel Plan and will be safely coordinated by the venue
- Traffic management staff will manage the safe arrival and departure of schools around the CBD
- Doors to RAC Arena will open at 9:30 am
- Schools should arrive at RAC Arena no later than 9:45 am to pass through security checks
- Schools are to arrive as a group and will be seated on arrival
- Students are required to wear appropriate school uniform
- Due to security restrictions, bags larger than A4 (including handbags) are not permitted in the venue.
- Students should carry their personal items and lunch in a small day bag.
- Students may bring personal packed lunches, but no commercial food or outside catering is permitted (e.g. Subway sandwiches)
- There will be limited concession stands open inside the Arena to purchase lunch
- The event will commence promptly at 10.15 am and conclude at 1.15 pm (includes a 45 minute lunch break)
- Students will not be able to leave the venue during the lunch break and a strict pass-out policy applies to exceptional circumstances
- Schools will not be able to leave early due to disruption
- RAC bstreetsmart event team will be available at the information desk throughout the event