RAC has been hosting bstreetsmart in Western Australia since 2012, and in this time almost 40,000 secondary school students have attended.
RAC bstreetsmart features a crash scene re-enactment attended by the emergency services, just as it would occur at a real crash site. The students also have the opportunity to listen to speakers who have been directly impacted by road trauma and talk with emergency services personnel.
Pre-event survey for students
To assist in the development of RAC bstreetsmart please encourage students to complete the pre-event survey before they attend the event.
Event day information
Information on preparing for event day and getting to and from RAC Arena
- Registered schools will receive a tailored Travel Plan before event day
- Travel Plans will include your school travel arrangements, walking routes and parking zones
- There is no bus parking available at RAC Arena
- Departure details will be on your Travel Plan and will be safely coordinated by the venue
- Traffic management staff will manage the safe arrival and departure of schools around the CBD
- Doors to RAC Arena will open at 9:30 am
- Schools should arrive at RAC Arena no later than 9:45 am to pass through security checks
- Schools are to arrive as a group and will be seated on arrival
- Students are required to wear appropriate school uniform
- Due to security restrictions, bags larger than A4 (including handbags) are not permitted in the venue.
- Students should carry their personal items and lunch in a small day bag.
- Students may bring personal packed lunches, but no commercial food or outside catering is permitted (e.g. Subway sandwiches)
- There will be limited concession stands open inside the Arena to purchase lunch
- The event will commence promptly at 10.15 am and conclude at 1.15 pm (includes a 45 minute lunch break)
- Students will not be able to leave the venue during the lunch break and a strict pass-out policy applies to exceptional circumstances
- Schools will not be able to leave early due to disruption
- RAC bstreetsmart event team will be available at the information desk throughout the event