Student supervision and support
Schools are responsible for the duty of care of their students throughout the event excursion. Schools must provide a staffing ratio (that includes a teacher-in-charge) in accordance with the Department of Education, Catholic Education Office and the Association of Independent School of WA’s excursion staffing ratio. Please ensure all attending staff are wearing clear identification.
RAC recommends that any student who has experienced recent personal road trauma or road trauma within their family or friends do not attend the event.
Counsellors as well as Red Frog volunteers will be on hand throughout the event for counselling and support services.
- School Chaplains or Counsellors attend the event to provide additional support.
- Schools hold a de-brief in class following the event and provide additional counselling if required.
- Any student who has experienced recent personal road trauma, or road trauma within their family or friends should not attend the event.
Teachers-in-charge must be aware of any student medical concerns as students may be exposed to situations which could trigger reactions such as fainting, anxiety or an asthma attack. Teachers must carry a copy of any relevant Student Health Care Plans in the case of an emergency or if treatment is required. A first aid room is located on the first floor of the venue.
Any students with special needs must be accompanied by an allocated assistant at all times. Please contact us if this applies to any of your students.
Emergency response plan
In the event of an emergency, Arena emergency procedures will be followed. Attendees must adhere to instructions provided by RAC Arena wardens. Should an evacuation be required, attendees will meet at the appropriate muster point as instructed by RAC Arena emergency wardens. The teacher-in-charge are to account for each student and record as appropriate.
- RAC Arena is a smoke free venue
- Public Liability - RAC Arena does not provide copies of the Certificate of Currency, but as per legislative requirements RAC Arena holds a valid public liability certificate for $20 Million.
- Emergency Response plans are available on request email firstname.lastname@example.org
Expectation of studentsStudents must demonstrate responsible behaviour and respect the speakers, staff, emergency services personnel, exhibitor displays, equipment and venue at all times. Students are to remain seated with their school for the duration of the event.
Supervising teachers are required to maintain student discipline at all times, including walking to and from the Arena. Students will not be permitted to leave RAC Arena at break times. An event pass-out policy applies for exceptional circumstances only.
Inappropriate behaviour may result in students being placed under supervision or being removed from the Arena. Any damage incurred to the RAC Arena building will be reported to the relevant authorities.
RAC bstreetsmart personnel will be located at the information desk inside the Arena entrance
Event day information
Information on preparing for event day and getting to and from RAC Arena
- Registered schools will receive a tailored Travel Plan before event day
- Travel Plans will include your school travel arrangements, walking routes and parking zones
- There is no bus parking available at RAC Arena
- Departure details will be on your Travel Plan and will be safely coordinated by the venue
- Traffic management staff will manage the safe arrival and departure of schools around the CBD
- Doors to RAC Arena will open at 9:30 am
- Schools should arrive at RAC Arena no later than 9:45 am to pass through security checks
- Schools are to arrive as a group and will be seated on arrival
- Students are required to wear appropriate school uniform
- Due to security restrictions, bags larger than A4 (including handbags) are not permitted in the venue.
- Students should carry their personal items and lunch in a small day bag.
- Students may bring personal packed lunches, but no commercial food or outside catering is permitted (e.g. Subway sandwiches)
- There will be limited concession stands open inside the Arena to purchase lunch
- The event will commence promptly at 10.15 am and conclude at 1.30 pm (includes a 40 minute lunch break)
- Students will not be able to leave the venue during the lunch break and a strict pass-out policy applies to exceptional circumstances
- Schools will not be able to leave early due to disruption
- RAC bstreetsmart event team will be available at the information desk throughout the event