Rather than wait until there is a more obvious problem, we recommend you stick to the servicing intervals advised by your vehicle’s manufacturer. This will ensure your car is well maintained, including those systems that are vital to you and your passengers’ safety. Get a car service quote today.
We don't however you can find your nearest accredited child restraint installer, at RoadWise, or call the Child Restraint Information Line on 1300 780 713.
Yes. RAC’s expert mechanics carry out all our vehicle inspections both through mobile mechanics and at our fixed sites. You will be provided with a full report on the vehicle’s general condition and safety components including; Engine, Under body, Brakes, Tyres, Battery and charging system, Lighting and Interior components*. We also perform a free vehicle history check valued at $36.95 which looks for outstanding finance, odometer accuracy, past thefts or write-offs and includes a vehicle valuation. *T&Cs apply.
Note: Pre-purchase vehicle inspection is different from a road-worthy inspection, which involves taking your vehicle to an authorised Department of Transport inspection centre for a road-worthy certificate to either, have a defect notice removed or inspect an unregistered vehicle for registration. RAC does not perform road-worthy inspections.
• Essentials: Includes oil and filter change, battery condition report, lighting and electrical inspection, brake check, fluids top-up, full safety check, free wash and vacuum.^
• Essentials Plus: Includes everything in Essentials, plus air filter replacement, tyre rotation and wheel balance. Recommended every second service.
• Logbook servicing: We service new cars to maintain your new car warranty.
For private-use vehicles, our services and new parts are protected by a warranty of 6 months or 10,000km (whichever occurs first) from the date they are provided. For commercial use vehicles, the warranty is for 3 months or 6,000km (whichever occurs first) from the date they are provided.
View RAC Auto Services warranty information.
Generally, we recommend you drop your car off first thing in the morning. If you would like to drop off your vehicle later, please call the centre to enquire. Our Auto Services centres open from 8:00am Monday to Friday, with selected centres open 8:00am - 12:00pm on Saturday. Check our opening times.
- Vehicles that require extra attention are priced higher than those that don’t.
- Older cars are priced higher as wear and tear requires further inspection.
- 4WDs require additional checks compared to a sedan, as they have different mechanical components.
- European cars often have additional features that require further inspection.