Before receiving a benefit, you must be sick or injured for a minimum period of time, the Waiting Period. Benefits are not paid during the Waiting Period.
Once the Waiting Period has expired, benefits start being paid and will continue to be paid for the length of the Benefit Period, as long as you are still unable to work due to sickness or injury. Once benefits have been paid for the length of the Benefit Period, no more benefits for that sickness or injury will be paid, though you may qualify for further payments at another time for a different sickness or injury.
Making a claim can be a difficult and emotional time. We aim to make the process as straightforward as possible with these simple steps:
For life insurance
1. Call or email us for a claim form:
Phone: 1800 069 922
2. Mail your completed claims form to:
Claims Team, RAC Life Insurance Member Service
PO Box 5595
St Georges Terrace, Perth WA 6831
To process the claim we may need additional information, including medical documents or other information, for which the person making the claim may need to pay. When all relevant information is received and the claim has been approved by us, the Insured’s benefit will be paid.
For income protection insurance
To process the claim we may need additional information, including medical documents or other information, for which the person making the claim may need to pay. When all relevant information is received and the claim has been approved by us, we will start paying your benefit, after the expiry of the Waiting Period. The amount of monthly benefit payable is limited to 75% of your income to a maximum of $10,000* per month immediately prior to you ceasing work due to the sickness or injury.
To access AIA Vitality and its benefits, you will need to activate your AIA Vitality membership. Details on this are provided when you purchase an RAC Life protect, RAC Accident Protect or RAC Income Protect policy.
AIA Vitality's award-winning health and wellness program takes you on a personal pathway to better health: you get to know your health, ways to improve it and enjoy the rewards for doing so.
- Complete your AIA Vitality Health Review to discover the state of your health. AIA Vitality members can earn AIA Vitality Points for completing this.
- Based on your Review, AIA Vitality suggests personal health goals. You select which of the recommended goals you would like to set. Using AIA Vitality partners to help you reach those goals will earn you points along the way.
- Getting healthier earns you the rewards. The more points you earn, the greater the rewards you get to enjoy.