House icon

Building and contents insurance

You need: policy number or address & personal details; incident details (when & what happened); any photos, quotes or receipts.

Storm Claim FAQs


Quick & easy

Claim online

  • Convenient, claim online at any time
  • Upload documents and images directly from your computer or device
  • Claim for your fence damage in 10 minutes
Claim online now

Over the phone

Weekdays: open from 7am to 8:30pm

Weekends: open from 8:30am to 5pm

After hours
We can arrange emergency repairs or assistance depending on your policy and level of cover.

Call 13 17 03

Storm Claim FAQs

If you have a current RAC home and/or contents policy, your building and/or contents are covered if they’re damaged or destroyed by a storm (including cyclones) – up to your sums insured.

RAC building insurance covers loss or damage to your fences and gates caused by storms, as long as they were structurally sound and well maintained prior to the damage or loss occurring.

You can claim online for your storm damaged fence 24/7. Once you’ve lodged a claim and we’ve approved it, we’ll arrange settlement so you can organise a repair or replacement. You’ll need to discuss repair or replacement options with your neighbour if you share a fence with them.

You can make a home insurance claim online 24/7, or call us on 13 17 03.

When making a claim, we'll ask you for your policy number, details about what happened, any photos or documents related to the claim.

You can view your Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and your Premium, Excess and Discount Guide (PED) for more information about:

  • Your insurance cover
  • claiming on your policy
  • complaints and dispute resolution
  • Privacy Policy
  • Your premium
  • Your excess 

These products are issued by RAC Insurance Pty Ltd.