Here’s all the things you can do in myRAC
- Get certificate of currency
- Update your bank account details
- Reschedule your monthly payments
- Renew or update your policy
- View and update your personal details
- Update your mailing address
- Update your contact details
- Make a claim
- View and track your claim
- Switch to email renewals
- Cancel my policy
The following guide walks you through the process of viewing your insurance policy online. Currently this feature is not available for these products:
- Small business insurance
- Life insurance
- Health insurance
You can change the following details online:
- Your car
- Car modification status
- What you use your car for
- How many km you travel annually
- If your car is financed
- Finance provider
If you have changed your address or keep your car in a different place or suburb, you need to let us know. It may affect your premium so you might have to pay a little more or you may get a refund.
You don’t have to cancel your current car insurance policy if you get a new car. You can simply modify your old policy. When you update your car details online, you might need to pay for a higher premium or you might get a refund if the new premium is lower.
You can update these details online:
- First name, middle name, last name
- Contact phone numbers
- Email address
- Mailing address
Renewals & payments
You can renew your car policy by logging in to myRAC. Update your registration, car usage, number of kilometres driven, bank details and much more.
You can also renew without logging in.
You may not have to contribute an excess towards your claim if we determine the incident was solely the fault of a third party (not the person in charge of your vehicle at the time of the incident) and you provide us with the third party’s name, vehicle registration number and contact details.
We will determine liability after we are in possession of all the relevant facts.
We may ask you to pay your excess directly to us, to our repairer/supplier or deduct it from any settlement we make to you.
Please refer to our Premium, Excess and Discount (PED) Guide for more information.
Never miss a renewal and ensure you’re always covered. Whether you’re home or away, you’ll get an email delivered straight to your inbox.
- Save time – you can easily renew your insurance directly from the renewal email.
- Save paper – your renewal information will be included in the email.
It’s easy to make a claim online. Please have the following information ready before you start:
- Your policy number or registration number
- Incident details (where, when & what happened)
- If possible, include the name, address, phone number and licence details of any drivers involved
Once you’ve made a claim, you can log in to myRAC at any time to check the status of your claim.